+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Hi Steelcase, didn't they indicate that you can reply to their email with the attached documents? When did you mother pass her medical exam?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application status was just changed to decision made. I called and they confirmed the application was approved. Waiting for passport request.

Over 3 years waiting is almost over. I hope everyone still waiting to get their application approved soon, the wait was really painful.

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
My application status was just changed to decision made. I called and they confirmed the application was approved. Waiting for passport request.

Over 3 years waiting is almost over. I hope everyone still waiting to get their application approved soon, the wait was really painful.
Congrats! OP_POP, what was your status before that? Ours still says medicals have been received. Did yours ever change to background check in process?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! OP_POP, what was your status before that? Ours still says medicals have been received. Did yours ever change to background check in process?
Thanks,

This is in ecas, nothing has changed in mycic. Mycic status is still:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: pearlin

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015

What number did you call?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So i finally received the passport request email, but have a couple of questions about it:

1) there is no VAC in my parents' country, the closest one is Ankara. It seems like they don't accept mailing passports, can someone else go there and drop off their passports / pick up their visa?

2) any extra fee associated with issueing their visa or the payments already made covers it?

Thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

fabricland

Jul 19, 2015
Guys, need help on visitor visa. I am provincial nominee on PR in Canada since last six months.
I want to apply for visitor visa for my father, please help with following queries.

1. I am doing a part time job since last four months,do this have any relevance as far as visitor visa is concerned. Though i will mention this in the sponsorship letter.
2. I did try to apply online but it says to upload air tickets as proof of when the visitor is visiting here. Did I done some mistake or this is the normal procedure. How can one do tickets first and then apply for visa..??

Thanks in advance.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Can someone please tell me how much time does CIC give you to enter Canada once the visa is issued?
till your medical expired / valid is 1 year/