+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
nush78l said:
Used a local courier service (AAA Express) in Mississauga which is 10 minutes away from the processing center.

Went to the courier at 7:30AM. Application was received by CIC at 8:40 AM.
Mine is still In Transit.... hope will reach soon.. best of luck everyone!!

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Mine is still "in transit" too with Purolator though it was supposed to be delivered at 9am and the last update was that it was on the vehicle for delivery at 7.57am........God knows what's going on down there. Looks like local courier was a good idea Nush!

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
AnastasiaU said:
Mine is still "in transit" too with Purolator though it was supposed to be delivered at 9am and the last update was that it was on the vehicle for delivery at 7.57am........God knows what's going on down there. Looks like local courier was a good idea Nush!
So we are in same boat... it might be long line up there..

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here - used purolator 10.30am delivery. Was on the truck at 7.53am, no update yet.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
nush78l said:
Used a local courier service (AAA Express) in Mississauga which is 10 minutes away from the processing center.

Which courier did you use? Might need to know for next time..:)

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little star said:
How much they charge you for 10:30 AM delivery.. Mine was 9:00 AM and they charge me $41
$19, I used the 40% discount coupon. Did you use the discount coupon? My only concern with the 9am delivery was that they may try to deliver before 8am and CIC website indicated that they will only accept applications delivered on Jan 2 after 8am.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nush78l said:

Nush: how much did the local courier charge?

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
xenon said:
Nush: how much did the local courier charge?
$60 which includes a 1 hour wait time.

Purolator deliveries will take longer than the guaranteed time as apparently there is usually a long wait at the processing center. My local courier was there for 8 AM (when doors open) but only managed to hand it in at 8:40 AM.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nush78l said:
$60 which includes a 1 hour wait time.

Purolator deliveries will take longer than the guaranteed time as apparently there is usually a long wait at the processing center. My local courier was there for 8 AM (when doors open) but only managed to hand it in at 8:40 AM.
I wonder why there would be a wait at the processing center when all they have to do is accept the courier from each company and then time stamp it later.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
xenon said:
I wonder why there would be a wait at the processing center when all they have to do is accept the courier from each company and then time stamp it later.
No idea. The courier company I used said last time their noon deliveries had a 4 hour wait. That's crazy!!! This time looks like things are moving faster.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Using local courier "VW Express". Sent out 8am this morning. Same day delivery. Should be there around 10am.
Waiting for delivery confirmation.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!! :-*

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
xenon said:
There're about 60 people in line and each carry around 30-50 packages. And more people keep adding to the line. That's why it takes so long.
(source from chinese forum)

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
I remember I read somewhere we can choose signature required on qurier delivery, but I can't find it anywhere. So can we request signature?