canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
AnastasiaU said:
Thanks - I'm assuming it's ok if I remove the staples (i.e don't have to reprint them)?

Also, I printed them double sided. Is that ok? What did everyone else do?
Yes, just remove the staples.

I would redo them all single-sided. Though I can't recall reading that double-sided isn't allowed, it's another one of those things, like the staples, that will make it more difficult for the person going through your app.

SKULE

Nov 17, 2014
I don't think it's a good idea. I found below information inside the guide.

If you are sending the application by a courier service, use the following address (no public drop-offs):

Case Processing Centre – Mississauga PGP
Parents and grandparents sponsorship
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

A maximum of 5,000 new complete applications for the sponsorship of parents and grandparents will be accepted.

Note: Applications will not be accepted if delivered in bulk. Applications must be packaged individually.

cayman2047 said:
Hi All,

I am sponsoring both my parents and my in-laws with their immigration application. Can I put their applications (in separate envelopes) in the same carrier package to CIC? This will save a lot money and kinda makes sense to me.

However, from the CIC website, it says:

What courier service can I use to submit my application to sponsor a parent or grand-parent?

Applications for parent and grandparent sponsorship must be individually packaged and are sent to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M). The office accepts local couriers and major courier services.

Couriers must have waybills and require a signature by CPC-M staff to prove that it was delivered, when it was delivered and that it was accepted (for their client's tracking purposes).

CPC-M does not accept envelopes or packages from non-courier services, such as taxi companies, trying to deliver to the office.

Thanks!

Nicrak

Dec 31, 2014
Hello Everyone....

I read this forum and its really helpful. Thanks everyone for sharing good stuff.

I am almost done with my application but I need you guys assistance.
I have NOC from 2011 and 2012. But i do not have NOC for 2013. I did not file tax for 2013 yet :-X
You think it would be ok if I submit this application with 2013's T4 and later update my file with 2013 NOC ?

Please help :(

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Nicrak said:
Hello Everyone....

I read this forum and its really helpful. Thanks everyone for sharing good stuff.

I am almost done with my application but I need you guys assistance.
I have NOC from 2011 and 2012. But i do not have NOC for 2013. I did not file tax for 2013 yet :-X
You think it would be ok if I submit this application with 2013's T4 and later update my file with 2013 NOC ?

Please help :(
They are only accepting government issued Option C or NOA. T4 is not on their list of accepted proofs.

You can try to submit T4s and tell them NOA will come later, but in this case I would prepare to have your application returned as incomplete and not included in the 5000 accepted apps.

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Re: Sponsoring Parents in 2015 "BAR CODE"

Hello,
I was just wondering about this bar code?
What can they read from this code.

I am wondering that CIC can tell what the date was when it was validated.
If this Bar Code uses the computers on board clock to use as a reference for a "Date Stamp" when the document was printed.
This would mean a document printed on December 31 (A New form) would be filled in then validated and then printed and signed.
This would raise eyebrows IF CIC notices a signature of a principal applicant who is in another country.

What do you think. :eek:

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the sponsored parent is divorced, in the Additional Information Form, the spouse section will be left blank or put N/A.
Is that correct?

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Re: Sponsoring Parents in 2015 "BAR CODE"

billinky said:
Hello,
I was just wondering about this bar code?
What can they read from this code.

I am wondering that CIC can tell what the date was when it was validated.
If this Bar Code uses the computers on board clock to use as a reference for a "Date Stamp" when the document was printed.
This would mean a document printed on December 31 (A New form) would be filled in then validated and then printed and signed.
This would raise eyebrows IF CIC notices a signature of a principal applicant who is in another country.

What do you think. :eek:
I think the date is not part of the bar code because you can leave the date blank and still validate it. You can fill in the date by hand after printing...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
little star said:
i did the same during my PR application submission.
Yes, I did so too. Hence, I changed my mind and put the barcode page(s) on top of the forms. But I will still staple each form and place them in order the way Document Checklist is given.

simarbedi said:
Its 31 already. Does anyone see any form changed?
Not yet. :)

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Yes, I did so too. Hence, I changed my mind and put the barcode page(s) on top of the forms. But I will still staple each form and place them in order the way Document Checklist is given.
Not yet. :)
Rossie, so you are placing the bar code forms on top of the package before the document checklist? For IMM008, there are 2 bar code pages and one of those pages has the applicants signature for the form

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
xenon said:
Rossie, so you are placing the bar code forms on top of the package before the document checklist? For IMM008, there are 2 bar code pages and one of those pages has the applicants signature for the form
Here's how I placed them in order (FYI, my mom is a widow and doesn't have any other child/dependent):

Required Forms
1. Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5771]
2. Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] - barcode page on top
3. Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM5768]
4. Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] - barcode page#4 on top, followed by barcode/signature page#5
5. Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
6. Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
7. Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]
8. Fee Payment Form [IMM 5770]

Supporting Docs
1. Copy of my PR card (both sides)
2. Copy of my birth certificate
3. Option C of 2013, 2012 and 2011
4. Copies of my mother's identification page + Canadian Visa page + Canada entry-exit stamp pages of her passport

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Here's how I placed them in order (FYI, my mom is a widow and doesn't have any other child/dependent):

Required Forms
1. Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5771]
2. Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] - barcode page on top
3. Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM5768]
4. Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] - barcode page#4 on top, followed by barcode/signature page#5
5. Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
6. Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
7. Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]
8. Fee Payment Form [IMM 5770]

Supporting Docs
1. Copy of my PR card (both sides)
2. Copy of my birth certificate
3. Option C of 2013, 2012 and 2011
4. Copies of my mother's identification page + Canadian Visa page + Canada entry-exit stamp pages of her passport
Awesome, this is exactly what I did :)

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Right I'm off to the courier. You guys have been a tremendous help. Good luck to all of us in this crazy process ;D

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnastasiaU said:
Right I'm off to the courier. You guys have been a tremendous help. Good luck to all of us in this crazy process ;D
Good luck ! Just make sure they don't end up delivering your package to CIC today ! I'm going to wait until the cut off date today (like Rossei suggested) :)