Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
Hey guys, I have a question for one of my friend:

Can my PR friend sponsor his parents along with his 17 years old brother?

To the best of my knowledge it takes more than 5 years for the process of sponsorship application. If so then his brother will be over 18 during that time.

So we are cofused if its OK or not as his sibling will be under 18 at the time of application ?

Thank You

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, he can. His brother's age gets "locked in" at the time CPC Mississauga receives the application to sponsor. He could actually be included as a dependant child up to the age of 22. As long as he is under 22 years old by the time Mississauga receives the sponsorship application, he is fine.

flex007z

Mar 16, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
rjessome said:
Yes, he can. His brother's age gets "locked in" at the time CPC Mississauga receives the application to sponsor. He could actually be included as a dependant child up to the age of 22. As long as he is under 22 years old by the time Mississauga receives the sponsorship application, he is fine.
Thanks a lot rjessome for your advise.

Just out of curiousity as his brother is turning 18 next month (i.e. Feb). So will it be OK if he applies after his brother is bit over 18 (i.e. March)? Because in cic website it says that a sibling over the age of 18 cannot be sponsored.

Waiting for a reply.

Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flex007z said:
Thanks a lot rjessome for your advise.

Just out of curiousity as his brother is turning 18 next month (i.e. Feb). So will it be OK if he applies after his brother is bit over 18 (i.e. March)? Because in cic website it says that a sibling over the age of 18 cannot be sponsored.

Waiting for a reply.

Thanks
Yes but he needs to read the guide regarding sponsoring parents. He can sponsor his parent and their dependent children that are under 22 years of age and are not married or in a common-law relationship (or 22 and older if they are still full time students).