+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring My Wonderful Tunisian Husband

here4ali

Mar 29, 2012
Hi Aladin's wife. We sent our sponsorship application to Mississauga Ontario and it arrived there Janurary 3/2012. On February 17th/2012 I got and email from CIC approving the sponsorship and then our file was sent to the Paris Visa Office. We are now waiting for an update (hopefully soon) in the second step. All it says on the CIC site is that the medical results have been received. I don't understand your process so far. You say you applied August 26th and February 14th papers were sent to Paris. Does this mean you had to wait about 6 months just to be approved and then they sent your file to paris February 14th? I am from Nova Scotia. Where are you from? :)

Aladins wife

Apr 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 26th 2011
Doc's Request.
March 8th 2012
AOR Received.
November 22nd 2011
File Transfer...
February 26th 2012
Med's Request
March 8th 2012
Med's Done....
March 9th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 31st 2012
I am from Ontario, No I didnt explain it well, I applied for sponsor August 26th 2011, got approved in canada nov.22, 2011 for my half of things, papers were sent to paris on nov. 22nd 2011 as well, they started processing my application feb. 14th, 2012 so it took 3 months in canada ,and 6 months in paris so far, I paid the landing fees in advance, and they say this shortens the whole process by 2 months, which technically means I should have an answer this month (fingers crossed) is there anyway we can safely exchange emails?

here4ali

Mar 29, 2012
Hi Aladins Wife
Thanks for replying back. I have a question I hope you can help with. When I was approved in the first step and was sent the email with our file number to look at our status on the cic website our status has always remained the same since February 17th in the second step saying "we received XXX application for permanent residence on xxx" and then under this it says "Medical results have been received" When I talk to other people about these words they say it means good news and we are almost done and soon my husband should be requested his passport, however I don't see any words that our application is in process as I hear other people say they get, BUT at the same time I am told and it says also in the details of the CIC site that once you see "Medical results have been received" that this means a decision will be made soon. I even called CIC and they have no idea. I talked to a immigration lawyer and he said you can't go by the updates much as sometimes they are vague. Also, CIC sent me 2 emails all on the same day after a little over a month when we sent our application to Ontario. One email said we received your application and we will notify you of the results once we review and the second email (Sent the same time) said the approval and had our file number. When you were approved in the first step and got your file number did you see the same words as what we have or something different?
Hope to hear back soon. I wish yes there was a way to exchange email addresses :)

bilbol11

Nov 1, 2011
hi here4ali dont worri your file is in paris now only thing you cant know is that when they will start processing your application also if they say in the website medical have been recived its not mean that you will get your visa soon sorry for telling you that but i am talking about my case we sent our file to cic april 14 2011 our sposorship was aprroved in may 2011 my application for PR was recived in paris june 27 2011 i hade interview in jan 17 2012 till now nothing is change so my medical test will be expire this may this is my case and any case is different to other only thing you need to do is weiting like what i do also i have my daughter who is 3 months now and i dont see her just on computer...really you need to make yourself ready for long weit game and good luck

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Aladins wife said:
I am from Ontario, No I didnt explain it well, I applied for sponsor August 26th 2011, got approved in canada nov.22, 2011 for my half of things, papers were sent to paris on nov. 22nd 2011 as well, they started processing my application feb. 14th, 2012 so it took 3 months in canada ,and 6 months in paris so far, I paid the landing fees in advance, and they say this shortens the whole process by 2 months, which technically means I should have an answer this month (fingers crossed) is there anyway we can safely exchange emails?

Hi

I live in Ontario now and I sponsored my husband from Tunisia. He arrived at the end of October 2011. I can explain to you about our situation and the steps that we went through .

I would prefer if we exchange emails. It will be easier.
Let me know if i can be of any help answering your questions

Aladins wife

Apr 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 26th 2011
Doc's Request.
March 8th 2012
AOR Received.
November 22nd 2011
File Transfer...
February 26th 2012
Med's Request
March 8th 2012
Med's Done....
March 9th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 31st 2012
Hi Patopato, thank you so much for your response, I would love to talk with you, can you send me your email and we will talk through email please. what is your timeline? :)

Aladins wife

Apr 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 26th 2011
Doc's Request.
March 8th 2012
AOR Received.
November 22nd 2011
File Transfer...
February 26th 2012
Med's Request
March 8th 2012
Med's Done....
March 9th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 31st 2012
Here4Ali my husband had to do a second medical and on march 26th online it sais medical results have been received, from what I know, once your papers go to Paris, it is a minimum wait of at least 4-5 months and a maximum of 8 months for the processing, we have now been waiting 5 months, but we are now at the very end, just waiting the final answer now, hope this helps ;)

here4ali

Mar 29, 2012
Hello
My husband was sent an email from the paris office just a few weeks ago and gave him his own code number for checking the status on line and also our status now says In Process :) Our file was only at the Paris office about 2 months and now an agent is checking everything. I am happy so far with our process. Our status states In Process and Medical results Have Been Received. Why was your husband requested to do a 2nd medical? Did his expire?

bilbol11

Nov 1, 2011
i ma steel weting too nourpam...my medical test will be expire tomorow and till now i dont get any request from the visa office to redo it...i sent email for them and i hope i can get unswer soon good luck for evry one here

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
bilbol11 said:
hi pls if you can tell me your husbend get email to redo his medical test before or after expiring date???
Hi BibOl I WAS WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED ?? dI YOU RECEIVE OUR EMAIL AND INFO ON HE VISA ON SKYPE? WE DIDN T GET ANYTHING FROM YOU SO WE DON T KNOW IF YOU GOT IT OR NOT THX I HOPE YOU GET IT SOON LIKE I SAID MY HUSBAND WAS ASKED TO REDO IT AFTER AROUND 15 OR 20 DAYS IT EXXPIRED. LET US KNOW .....DON T WORRY IT IS ALMOST THE END INSHA ALLAH

bilbol11

Nov 1, 2011
thnx patopato i did i get your email and the info on skype thnx a lots for your help...i hope evry thing done soon and inchallah get my visa

Aladins wife

Apr 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 26th 2011
Doc's Request.
March 8th 2012
AOR Received.
November 22nd 2011
File Transfer...
February 26th 2012
Med's Request
March 8th 2012
Med's Done....
March 9th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 23rd 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 31st 2012
Hamdoulleh, my husband got his visa!!!!! :) ;) :D ;D :eek: :p :-* YaaaaaaaY Best of luck to everyone, and thank you so much to PatoPato for all your information, you are a wonderful friend :D

Aladins wife

Apr 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 26th 2011
Doc's Request.
March 8th 2012