+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring my wife from Iraq

Dr.Mustafa

Feb 19, 2010
hello everybody, I need an answer for 2 questions, pleeeeeeeez,

1- I have a PR and I have just come to Canada, I want to sponsor my wife and I am studying for my exams in medicine so I am not working right now, but i do have a lot of money, so what should i say to verify my eligibility to sponsor my wife in terms of minimum income requirement?

2- How long does it usually take for my wife to get the PR, and how can I make it go fast, if any?

thanks a lot.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dr.Mustafa said:
hello everybody, I need an answer for 2 questions, pleeeeeeeez,

1- I have a PR and I have just come to Canada, I want to sponsor my wife and I am studying for my exams in medicine so I am not working right now, but i do have a lot of money, so what should i say to verify my eligibility to sponsor my wife in terms of minimum income requirement?

2- How long does it usually take for my wife to get the PR, and how can I make it go fast, if any?

thanks a lot.
1. Well I hope you didn't marry after you got your visa (COPR) and then "landed". If so then you can't sponsor your wife, she is no longer a member of the family class.
2. If you didn't marry before "landing" or declared your spouse and she was examined, the you can sponsor her. For spousal applications, you don't require an income, you just can't be on welfare.
3. You can't make it go fast, So about 1 month for approval/refusal at Mississauga if sponsorship and application are complete, then 3-7 months for 80% of the spousal cases at Damascus.

PMM