+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my sister in law for PNP

ppogs27

Dec 3, 2019
Hello All,

I just wanted ask if my sister in law can apply as the principal applicant under PNP Program. The list below don't say Sister In Law so i am a little bit confused.

Has anyone in this forum had the similar case?

Able to demonstrate sufficiently close ties to the applicant and the province;
  • For close relatives, both the applicant and the supporter must provide documents proving their familial relationship.
  • Close relatives are considered to be those related to the applicant (or the applicant’s spouse) in one of the following ways:
    • Sister or brother,
    • Niece or nephew,
    • Aunt or uncle,
    • First cousin,
    • Mother or father,
    • Grandmother or grandfather
Thank you,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

I just wanted ask if my sister in law can apply as the principal applicant under PNP Program. The list below don't say Sister In Law so i am a little bit confused.

• For close relatives, both the applicant and the supporter must provide documents proving their familial relationship.
  • Close relatives are considered to be those related to the applicant (or the applicant’s spouse) in one of the following ways:
    • Sister or brother,
    • Niece or nephew,
    • Aunt or uncle,
    • First cousin,
    • Mother or father,
Thank you,
What PNP program? What province do you live in?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hello All,

• Sister or brother,
    • Niece or nephew,
    • Aunt or uncle,
    • First cousin,
    • Mother or father,
Thank you,
If she is your sister in law, she is sister of your spouse, right! Then your spouse as PR can sponsor your sister in law. Hope that helps!

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

• Sister or brother,
    • Niece or nephew,
    • Aunt or uncle,
    • First cousin,
    • Mother or father,
Thank you,
No it has to be your brother not your sister-in-law

ppogs27

Dec 3, 2019
If she is your sister in law, she is sister of your spouse, right! Then your spouse as PR can sponsor your sister in law. Hope that helps!
Hello,

She is married to my brother. Her education and experience makes her more suitable candidate to be the applicant. I am concern prior of her taking the IELTS that is eligible as the PMP does not say Sister In Law.

Thanks,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

She is married to my brother. Her education and experience makes her more suitable candidate to be the applicant. I am concern prior of her taking the IELTS that is eligible as the PMP does not say Sister In Law.

Thanks,
your brother should be the primary applicant.