+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring My Relative.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello,
I am Canadian Citizen living in Canada. And I want to sponsor my nephew who is an orphan though married with a child. Is he qualified to for sponsorship?
Secondly, My Nephew is an Automobile Mechanic / Locksmith. If he is not qualify for sponsorship, is he qualify for Alberta Immigration Nominee Program? I live in Alberta. I am a single man though divorced few years ago.
I do not have any single relation in Canada right now. I am very lonely and live alone.
Please can some body help me with the easiest way to bring him and his young family to Canada?
Thanks for helping.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
wisdom7 said:
I am Canadian Citizen living in Canada. And I want to sponsor my nephew who is an orphan though married with a child. Is he qualified to for sponsorship?

I am a single man though divorced few years ago.
I do not have any single relation in Canada right now. I am very lonely and live alone.
Are your parents/grandparents alive? Do you have any children? Do you have any Canadian citizen/PR family members anywhere?

abrakadabra said:
If he has a family, you can't sponsor him.
Incorrect. Whether the relative has a family is irrelevant.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Are your parents/grandparents alive? Do you have any children? Do you have any Canadian citizen/PR family members anywhere?

Incorrect. Whether the relative has a family is irrelevant.
interesting...I was sure it only applies to the family members that don't have any other family members/not married

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
abrakadabra said:
interesting...I was sure it only applies to the family members that don't have any other family members/not married
The "no family" condition applies to the sponsor, not the applicant.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello Guys,
Thanks for all the responses.
As a sponsor base in Canada, my parents and grandparents outside Canada are all dead.
I have no wife now and no children as well - Divorced. I do not have any brother, or any relative in Canada. I am alone for now.
Please can someone educate me on how the Alberta Nominee Program Work?
I need a link explaining how it work.
Thanks for helping
Regards.
Wisdom7

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
wisdom7 said:
As a sponsor base in Canada, my parents and grandparents outside Canada are all dead.
I have no wife now and no children as well - Divorced. I do not have any brother, or any relative in Canada. I am alone for now.
Do you have any family members anywhere in the world that are Canadian citizens/PRs?

If not, you look eligible to sponsor your nephew and his family under the Family Class.

Start here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp#who_can.

ewerima

Jan 9, 2012
Hello
Thanks for the help as usual.

From the above link, I saw this statement that caught my attention:

''If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada you must include them on the same sponsorship application''

If that is the case, why can't I sponsor my married relative with his immediate family?

Secondly, I hope to remarry in the near future. Should I include the name of my fiancee in this sponsorship application? Or her application will be independent from this one mentioned above?
Again, will submitting my relative sponsorship application now affect my wife's application in future if my said relative has not yet landed in Canada?

Thirdly, must the sponsorship application be completed online to generate the bar code on clicking "validate"? or download to my system, complete the application and validate the generate the bar code off line?

Thirdly, I am unable to create an online account to complete the said sponsorship application. Does it mean the application cannot be submitted online?

Fourthly, I live in Canada, while my relative lives in Africa. Can I submit the application straight to Sydney?
Thanks for helping.
Regards.
Wisdom7

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks like you are eligible to sponsor them, as you do not have any other close relative that you can sponsor.

Don't know if it affects you if you get married or not.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ewerima said:
''If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada you must include them on the same sponsorship application''[/u][/color]

If that is the case, why can't I sponsor my married relative with his immediate family?

Secondly, I hope to remarry in the near future. Should I include the name of my fiancee in this sponsorship application? Or her application will be independent from this one mentioned above?
Again, will submitting my relative sponsorship application now affect my wife's application in future if my said relative has not yet landed in Canada?

Thirdly, must the sponsorship application be completed online to generate the bar code on clicking "validate"? or download to my system, complete the application and validate the generate the bar code off line?

Thirdly, I am unable to create an online account to complete the said sponsorship application. Does it mean the application cannot be submitted online?

Fourthly, I live in Canada, while my relative lives in Africa. Can I submit the application straight to Sydney?
You stated you were single and are now saying you are engaged. If you want proper advice, you need to provide correct information. Have you lived with your fiance for a year at any time in the relationship?

1. As I have already stated, the poster that said that was incorrect.

2. If she is just your fiance, she is not a family member. She would not be mentioned in the application. Note that if you sponsor your nephew, you CANNOT get married until he lands as a PR. Getting married would render you ineligible as a sponsor.

3. The forms can be validated either way. No, as clearly indicated in the guide, the application cannot be submitted online.

4. The application doesn't go to Sydney. Again, read the guide.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
You stated you were single and are now saying you are engaged. If you want proper advice, you need to provide correct information. Have you lived with your fiance for a year at any time in the relationship?

2. If she is just your fiance, she is not a family member. She would not be mentioned in the application. Note that if you sponsor your nephew, you CANNOT get married until he lands as a PR. Getting married would render you ineligible as a sponsor.
To add to your item #2, they cannot live together at all at any time (become common law) until he lands as PR as well. So not only not get married, also live in separate locations until he lands as PR as well.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello,
Thanks for all the advise and submission.
But it appears nobody has been able to tell me how the Alberta Nominee Program work.
Can I nominate a relation who is not resident in Canada nor with a job over from any Canadian company?
Please I need accurate information on how to kick start my application for him.
Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
wisdom7 said:
Hello,
Thanks for all the advise and submission.
But it appears nobody has been able to tell me how the Alberta Nominee Program work.
Can I nominate a relation who is not resident in Canada nor with a job over from any Canadian company?
Please I need accurate information on how to kick start my application for him.
Thanks.
Questions about the Alberta PNP program will get the most accurate answers if posted to the PNP section of the forum rather than here.

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
Hi scylla, I know its out of topic. My aunty will gonna sponsor me through other eligible relative. She doesnt have spouse, no kids, no relative as well living in canada. I believe she is eligible to sponsor me as we also called cic twice and they sent us application forms.
My question is I am in a relationship and we're living together for 2 yrs same sex partner. Is it possible to include her in my aunty sponsorship as my common law partner? Or do you think its better if I will wait for the sponsorship to be grant and have PR, after that we can marry and I will sponsor her as a spouse? I'm just thinking ahead so we could avoid any delays or problems. She has a multiple visit visa thats why I am thinking we can get marry in canada. One more question, I applied a visitor visa last november and it was refused. Do you think there will be a problem if my aunt will proceed for sponsorship application? Thank you.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
agnes0910 said:
Hi scylla, I know its out of topic. My aunty will gonna sponsor me through other eligible relative. She doesnt have spouse, no kids, no relative as well living in canada. I believe she is eligible to sponsor me as we also called cic twice and they sent us application forms.
My question is I am in a relationship and we're living together for 2 yrs same sex partner. Is it possible to include her in my aunty sponsorship as my common law partner? Or do you think its better if I will wait for the sponsorship to be grant and have PR, after that we can marry and I will sponsor her as a spouse? I'm just thinking ahead so we could avoid any delays or problems. She has a multiple visit visa thats why I am thinking we can get marry in canada. One more question, I applied a visitor visa last november and it was refused. Do you think there will be a problem if my aunt will proceed for sponsorship application? Thank you.
You must include your common law as well if your aunt sponsors you for PR. If you land as single without declaring your common law, you will not be able to sponsor your common law forever. Then the common law would have to qualify for PR on her own merits.