+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my husband

NatashaTS

Aug 12, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a question for anyone who can help me, i just had a baby and i have to sponsor my husband (he is currently in Morocco).
I'm financially stable but i live with my grandmother so she can babysit and i can work, can i still sponsor my husband? Can i use this adresse and explain my situation?
I also wanted to know if there was a minimum income you have to earn per year to sponsor someone?
Last question if i start the sponsorship process does my husband have any luck if he asks for a visa so he can visit he's daughter?
Thank you

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have a question for anyone who can help me, i just had a baby and i have to sponsor my husband (he is currently in Morocco).
I'm financially stable but i live with my grandmother so she can babysit and i can work, can i still sponsor my husband? Can i use this adresse and explain my situation?
I also wanted to know if there was a minimum income you have to earn per year to sponsor someone?
Last question if i start the sponsorship process does my husband have any luck if he asks for a visa so he can visit he's daughter?
Thank you
You will find all info from this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

If you are eligible to sponsor, your husband can still apply for a visitor visa.

Reactions: NatashaTS

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you can sponsor your husband while living with family. Yes you can explain that she is providing support and childcare while you return to work since you did not qualify for maternity leave. There is no specific income cut-off but you have to show that you have the means to take care of your family without welfare.

Your husband is likely to struggle to get a TRV. Anticipate at least a year for Moroccan applications but if you did live together while in Morocco for 1+ years you will likely avoid an interview which usually pushes sponsorship over 12 months.

NatashaTS

Aug 12, 2019
Yes you can sponsor your husband while living with family. Yes you can explain that she is providing support and childcare while you return to work since you did not qualify for maternity leave. There is no specific income cut-off but you have to show that you have the means to take care of your family without welfare.

Your husband is likely to struggle to get a TRV. Anticipate at least a year for Moroccan applications but if you did live together while in Morocco for 1+ years you will likely avoid an interview which usually pushes sponsorship over 12 months.
Thanks for responding, after doing some research i found that in quebec immigration is different so i had one more question, i did the income calculator to know how much income i need to sponsor my husband on the Quebec immigration website but that was an almost unrealistic amount do i go by what it says on that site or is it like the canadian government site? Meaning i just need to prove i can support them?

NatashaTS

Aug 12, 2019
You will find all info from this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

If you are eligible to sponsor, your husband can still apply for a visitor visa.
Thanks for responding, after doing some research i found that in quebec immigration is different so i had one more question, i did the income calculator to know how much income i need to sponsor my husband on the Quebec immigration website but that was an almost unrealistic amount do i go by what it says on that site or is it like the canadian government site? Meaning i just need to prove i can support them?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no income requirement to support your spouse. You do have to show that your you can pay for your family’s housing, food, transportation, etc. costs.