+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my Husband for Permanent Residency!! Help and Advice Needed

sohaibahmed

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to check out this topic

As we all know that timelines for sponsoring for PR is crazy in Pakistan it can take as long as 26 months. I just want to know that how can i expedite the entire process?

Both my son and me are Canadian nationals presently living in Pakistan. Im planning to sponsor my husband for PR in January.

I have the following queries?

1. How can i expedite the entire process?
2. What would be the difference in timelines if i apply inside or outside Canada?
3. What documents could help in speeding up the process?
4. At present my husband is working in one of the top blue chips in Pakistan at an executive position. Would his current status will speed up the process?
4. My husband was kidnapped last summer any proof from Police or the relevant authority regarding his abduction will help in expediting the process or not?

Thanks and Best Regards

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
hi,

crazy time is not 26 months for pakistan now its 31 months :),,,but mostly people r getting there visa with 20 or 22 month...nothing can expediate the process.
if u apply from inside canada it will be better if u apply from out side it may take long coz they will ask u proof of ur return when ur husband gets PR..ur husband job wont expediate process...niether his kidnapping ,,they dont ask such thing in forms dont mention kidnapping otherwise it will take long for crimnal and security check

best of luck

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
MRS SAM said:
dont mention kidnapping otherwise it will take long for crimnal and security check
MRS SAM - did you just advise someone to lie on their application? How could they not mention the kidnapping, seeing that the forms asks the principal applicant, the husband in this case, to account for his whereabouts for the last 10 years or even since the age of 18?

The security check will be done either way and the VO will find out about the kidnapping. So how could you tell someone to not mention it?

sohaibahmed - unfortunately there is no way of expediting the process. If you think it would be better for you, your husband should ask for a visitor visa and go there with you and your son. Then apply inland (I understand it takes less time than through Pakistan) but know that your husband will not be able to have a work permit until you get through the first stage of processing - that is now 11 months on average.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Unfortunately, when it comes to Pakistan, there is no expediting the process. None of the things you have mentioned will in any way make it faster for your husband's application to be processed, all applicants are treated equally without regard to status.

As for your husband's kidnapping, I suggest you obtain the police report on this regardless. Not mentioning this in your application, especially if it is something that is a matter of record with the authorities, could lead to questions from CIC. It is best to submit as much information as you have available to you on matters of this kind, than try to ignore it and hope they won't notice. CIC usually does notice. And then they wonder why you said nothing. And then they schedule your husband for an interview. And that will make his processing longer.

sohaibahmed

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Thank you all for such valuable insights. However im still confused.................

Let me clarify that when my husband got abducted last year we intentionally did not tell the relevant authorities because he came back after a while. The point im trying to make here is that he is still receiving threat calls concerning ransom money and his life is in danger. My question is that will CIC consider this as an urgent case?

Great advise Betina but my husband has applied for visitors visa which has been refused twice for no valid reason. The reasons are as follows

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

Your travel history
Your personal assets and financial status
Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

Regards,

Amber

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sohaibahmed said:
My question is that will CIC consider this as an urgent case?
There is no urgent processing for PR applications. So the short answer to your question is no.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
sohaibahmed said:
Thank you all for such valuable insights. However im still confused.................

Let me clarify that when my husband got abducted last year we intentionally did not tell the relevant authorities because he came back after a while. The point im trying to make here is that he is still receiving threat calls concerning ransom money and his life is in danger. My question is that will CIC consider this as an urgent case?

Great advise Betina but my husband has applied for visitors visa which has been refused twice for no valid reason. The reasons are as follows

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

Your travel history
Your personal assets and financial status
Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

Regards,

Amber
I'm sorry, but what you call "no valid reason" is pretty clear and well explained in the motivation CIC sent you. The VO must be convinced that your husband will return and will not overstay his visa. That's something he can prove with a return ticket already purchased, with a letter from his employer stating that he is due back to return to work at a specified date, with letters from old/sick family members that he takes care of and that rely on him, with lease/utility agreements paid in advance for a period that extends until after his return from Canada. And all that will be of little importance if your husband has a travel history that shows he's unreliable and tends to overstay his visa.

In this case I can say the VOs nose was right on point, seeing that your husband really didn't intend on returning after his visa expires :)

I don't understand the kidnapping issue. If you didn't tell the relevant authorities about it, if you don't have anything official about it, a police report at least, how did you think you will use it in your immigration process?

sohaibahmed

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Betina we furnished employer letter clearly stating the date of my husband's return and joining date of office however he hasn't traveled outside Pakistan................so it means my husband is stuck till he get's his PR......

We didn't tell the relevant authorities because of the fact we wanted to keep it discreet. We can still obtain some sort of proof by explaining our case to the Police and we believe that they would understand.

My question remains the same that if we get the proof about his abduction and threat calls will his case will be considered on fast track basis since his life is in danger which is eventually disturbing our mental peace

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sohaibahmed said:
My question remains the same that if we get the proof about his abduction and threat calls will his case will be considered on fast track basis since his life is in danger which is eventually disturbing our mental peace
Again - no. There is no fast track or expedite process for spousal PR applications.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sohaibahmed said:
We didn't tell the relevant authorities because of the fact we wanted to keep it discreet. We can still obtain some sort of proof by explaining our case to the Police and we believe that they would understand.
And that, dear friends, is why you are still getting threats. By wanting to "keep it discreet", you have played into the hands of those who threaten you. If you want an end to this, you have to "go public" and get the authorities involved. Whatever you do will make no difference to the PR processing time, but it might make your waiting time slightly safer.