+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my husband but I've not been working for 2 years

Alisquires

Feb 22, 2010
Hello everyone!

I'm a Canadian that has been living in the UK for the past 11 years. I've married an Englishman and have managed to produce 3 lovely (sometimes) children. I had them really close together..currently, 5,4, 2 and have not worked, per se, in the past 2 years. I have their Canadian passports and identity cards, so that's cool and now it's just getting the other half to Canada. We have just started crossing the t's etc on our applications and in the document checklist, it asks for a Option C Printout..I can't find that anywhere. Does it apply to us? Also, section 18..I've been self-employed for the past year, only working 1 night a week and not raking in the cash, what should I submit? I have evidence of transactions in the forms and some quarterly reports. Also, section 19..does this apply to me? Do I need to make the minimum necessary income requirement if I am sponsoring my spouse? From what I can gather, I don't, but I just wanted to confirm. All these forms are as clear as mud..
Section 20 - we are moving to PEI because my husband will probably have work there but I will be at home with the children the majority of the time, it asks for proof that I am going to reside with them...well of course I am...they are my family but what sort of proof can I offer? I don't have anything except my word and reasonable plans..

I know..a lot of questions...I just want to get this thing in!!

Thanks for your time in advance!

bflava

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
i cant answer all y questions but..

1st, u dont need an income to sponsor your hubby, and inline with the Option c, u have not worked so u write a letter explaining the situation.
also since u are in the Uk presently i presumme, then u have to proof tht u will return to Canada with hubby when pR is granted so U need things to show u wil move, ie Job correspondence, or a lease or renting agreement or u can have a friend, parents worite to say yes they are going to provide shelter when u come..

They need proof that u will return to canada with hubby when PR is granted..

U filing from Outside so once again take a day or 2 with hubby and read the famil class sponsorship application and guide......

good luck

Jezika

Feb 23, 2010
For your other questions, call CIC on 1-888-242-2100, then press 1-2-7-0 to get through the voice prompts and speak to an actual person. Get them to e-mail you the exact wording for the answers they give you so that you will always have it for reference. Good luck.