+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my girlfriend

Johnsmith801

Mar 4, 2020
I want to get my girlfriend from the philippines and i am planning to get her. What should i do? What options do i have? Do i need to visit philippines and marry her and get back to canada and apply her for spouse sponsorship?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want to get my girlfriend from the philippines and i am planning to get her. What should i do? What options do i have? Do i need to visit philippines and marry her and get back to canada and apply her for spouse sponsorship?
You can’t sponsor a gf. Your best option is to get married and apply for sponsorship if you qualify.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You need to be married or common-law to sponsor her.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Married her in the phiippines then get back in canada and apply for sponsorship?
Yes. If you are a PR you must remain in Canada during the sponsorship period. I assume you have proof of your relationship since you have been dating. Have you spent time together in person?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
start exploring the issue from the official website canada.ca

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Would she be able to apply for visitor's visa? I would suggest she applies before you marry, it's harder to get them after you start the process, that way she can also visit you.
You can marry her somewhere other than Phillipines, yes, but remember to get multiple copies of your marriage certificate just in case.