+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Indonesian Spouse-"Support network"

shanene

Jul 5, 2008
Hello all!

I married my sweet Indonesian husband in June 2008.... We are so happy to have found one and other! And now like most of you currently playing the waiting game....

We sent off our application Sep 15 2008 and are now praying my letter comes in the mail this week to tell me I have been approved as a sponsor....

I wanted to start this thread for anyone else who is sponsoring spouse from Indonesia or anywhere close as a support network and to share information....

It is soooo difficult to be seperated and any support and information to shed some light on this whole process would be nice...

So here I am lending my support and hoping to gain a network of people in the same boat....

Good luck to you all!
Shannon & Arwan

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi Shanene, I too am separated from my husband who is Thai. I am in Canada with our daughter visiting my family without him after he was refused a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) or Tourist Visa twice, once when I was pregnant and then when our daughter 5 months old. I have been in Canada 4 months now and will return to my sweet husband in December. I have spent almost all my free time researching, reading, asking questions etc. etc. about this sponsorship process before I head back to Asia. It is very difficult to get any support once I am back over there except for Forum's like this one. The Canadian Embassy in Bangkok has not been helpful in the least, especially because the case processing centre is in Singapore. I plan on doing an Outland Sponsorship once my husband and I have our finances ready and we are ready to embark on a new journey in Canada. I posted a thread awhile back wondering what % of sponsorship applications get approved or not, also which ones are favored Inland or Outland but nobody has replied? I am scared to even apply for fear we get rejected. My husband is almost fed up after 2 visa rejections already with the cost and waste of time and lost wages from missing work travelling to Bangkok. I miss my husband so much and need as much advice and support as I can get from this Forum.
thanks.

shanene

Jul 5, 2008
Hello Thaihubby,

The exact same thing happened to us.... We were also rejected 2 times for a visitor visa when he was my boyfriend.... We were totally upset but now we are married we had been told the only way to live together in Canada is complete The Permenant Resident Application and go through the waiting game process....As difficult as it is to be away from each other...

We origanaly were going to apply from Indonesia, as I wanted to stay with him during the process.... But after 3 months of hard work and almost pulling may hair out we decided for me to come back to Canada and apply here as we can get support here as Canadians....Also if you are seperated they will process your case before 2 people who are living together....

Why I was about to pull my hair out while preparing documents in Indonesia??? It is almost impossible to get any help over in South East Asia....example: traveling 4 hours to the Australian embassy and finding out there is no staff in the Canadian section.....Why.....No body knows.....Only being able to fax questions to Singapore as they do not accept phone calls...Traveling 16 hours to get 3 different stamps for a simple police clearence while payig everyone along the way..... Just to name a few...

We spent countless hours calling the embassy in Singapore-Emailing everyone we could to get help before sending off our application.... If you make any mistakes it slows down the process...Depending on how clean your application is and whether or not you supply EVERYTHING they ask for will depend on how effecient your case will be processed....From my understanding you may have to wait a while but have not heard to many cases being re-jected if the relationship is legit and your application is complete....

My advice to you is prepare ALL the documents here and get your husband to get his medicals and everything completed.... Then get him to send everything to you & send the application from Canada, then go visit while you wait....I have been to Thailand many times and I know Indonesia and Thailand are very similar as far as getting the governments help.....

I am soooo thankful our application is in and we are greatful we had our friend who has been through the process before look it over before sending it in....Now we are waiting by the mailbox.....Oh yes and praying EVERYDAY!!!

This website is great for any help on answering the questions on the application..It is also nice to hear others story for insperation and advice....Very lucky to have this forum!

Warm regards,
Shanene

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hello Shanene, I am so happy to find another person who is in the same situation as us. There is also Forum member Canthai but I haven't seem him posting in awhile. You said: [quote author=shanene link=topic=11170.msg39605#msg39605 dat Also if you are seperated they will process your case before 2 people who are living together.... . I am confused about that because I have heard from several people on this Forum that Outland Sponsorship Applications are processed quicker than Inland ones. The main reason I'm not going to wait here for him is that we have a daughter. If I sent in the application from Canada as an Inland Application it would be easier BUT that would mean that my husband wouldn't be able to see his daughter for quite awhile and I can't afford to travel there just for a visit. If what you say that from what you've heard if the relationship is legit then it should be approved that is good to know. I'm worried about how I will show re-establishment in Canada in an Outland Application.... . It is very difficult to know which way to do things... .Gosh, you can really understand the corruption and endless roadblocks over there and absolutely no support from the Canadian Embassy.... .
Stay strong and let's keep supporting each other with advice through this great Forum!!

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Hi Shannon

I sent in my application the same day and it arrived there on the 16th. I will let you know when I hear anything as well. Good luck!

shanene

Jul 5, 2008
Hi frolic,

Thank you for your reply....You sent your application same day? Sep 15th? I am confused u say you got it back 16th of what month....

Warm reagrds

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
No no...I sent it by courier and CIC received it on the 16th I confirmed in the tracking. Now I am just watching the website to see what date they have processed up to now.

Last week on Sept 29th they had gotten to processing August 29th applications. They should update that soon and we should see they working on September applications. :) Hopefully ours!

shanene

Jul 5, 2008
ha ha sorry Frolic... I was a bit confused.....Thank you for the update.....What province are you in yourself? & where is your spouse from??

patiently wishing & waiting!

Shanene

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
I am in Ontario and she is from Russia.

They JUST updated the info.

They are now processing applications received up to Sept 8th, 2008. :D So ours will be in another week it seems. :) And the processing time has been getting quicker as well, down to 39 days only which includes 10 days for mailing time.

shanene

Jul 5, 2008
Great thanks Frolic!! Where are you checking your info? Maybe you know other websites I do not know???

Good luck!

Shanene

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
My letter came today Shanene. Watch your mail. Hopefully no issues with your sponsorship or documentation and you are approved and it's in the mail.

shanene

Jul 5, 2008
Hello all,

I am being patient....It has been 37 days.....Which I know is not a long time compared to some of you waiting.... I am praying the mailman is bringing my sponsor letter today.....

I think it is important to share good news to keep us all positive....So please anyone feel free to share in this thread!

**Also any great coping stratagies while being thousands of miles away from your spouse.....lol

I have found skype to be quite helpful myself!

shanene

Jul 5, 2008
Got our sponsor letter!!!

I am happy to report that after 41 days exactly we have received our first contact from our lovely immigration officers! I have bee approved as a sponsor....

One small but important part of the process!

Anyone else got any good news???

Cheers,