+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring illegal Mexican immigrant living in the USA

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shanabanana said:
Yes, I am a Canadian citizen and we qualify for common-law. We can provide proof in various ways.
In that case, start here, and work your way through the forms.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Always be completely truthful. When in doubt, have a look at Schnookololy's posts & faqs about spousal sponsorship. If you are still not sure, come back and ask specific questions.

Your partner's illegal status in the U.S. is not in itself a problem in your case.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
And for whoever is replying to me, I wasn't talking or replying to you from the first place so go find somewhere else for your nose.
CanV said:
I don't care about what any of you think about what I said. I am getting sick of idiots jumping here with what they "think". Either give an advice you are confident with or shut your hole. I don't "strongly believe" I actually know for a fact that Canadian consulates look at those cases differently. I don't need any of you correcting me and keep your replies to yourselves as I won't be checking this.
CanV said:
OP please check your mail box
With the utmost respect, the posters replying on this thread are and have been referring to Canadian immigration procedures & practices, based on the Canadian government's published procedures, practices & law, as well as actual experience of the same.

As far as I can see, you, so far, are the only one posting what you "think".

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanV said:
I don't care about what any of you think about what I said. I am getting sick of idiots jumping here with what they "think". Either give an advice you are confident with or shut your hole. I don't "strongly believe" I actually know for a fact that Canadian consulates look at those cases differently. I don't need any of you correcting me and keep your replies to yourselves as I won't be checking this.
Well then, go right ahead and share the source of your "fact".

You're sick of idiots posting what they think? Seriously, what do you think YOU are doing? As lammawitch said, YOU are the one posting what you think while the rest of us are posting based on CIC procedures and actual experience.

Also, this thread is not the first time that you have posted misleading or wrong information. If you can't be bothered to do your research, don't post.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Well then, go right ahead and share the source of your "fact".

You're sick of idiots posting what they think? Seriously, what do you think YOU are doing? As lammawitch said, YOU are the one posting what you think while the rest of us are posting based on CIC procedures and actual experience.

Also, this thread is not the first time that you have posted misleading or wrong information. If you can't be bothered to do your research, don't post.
+1's all round well said :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the OP is visa exempt, I suppose it's possible that the U.S. (CBP) may not be aware of the overstay, unless the third phase of the Beyond the Border program has fully been implemented.

I believe the third phase was to capture/record exit data of U.S/Canadian citizens crossing the border.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I may have spoken too soon:
http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/01/27/border_officials_to_share_travellers_info_with_federal_government.html
(Article from Jan 2014)

Currently, under the bilateral “Entry/Exit Initiative,” Canada and the United States are already collecting and exchanging the entry data at all land border ports of entry of third-country nationals, permanent residents, visitors, foreign students and those who are here on work permits.

But beginning this summer, the scope of the program will be extended to all people travelling through land border crossings, including Canadian and American citizens.

Ultimately, in the program’s final phase, Canada will develop a system to establish exit records similar to those in the United States, where airlines are required to submit passenger info on outbound international flights.

The personal information collected includes a traveller’s name, date of birth, nationality, sex, document type, document number, work location code/port of entry code, date and time of entry, and the country where the travel document is issued.

So the real question is whether or not airlines are now complying with this requirement.

shanabanana

Mar 31, 2015
Thanks everybody for your help so far, I really appreciate it.
There is one more question I have. It obviously isn't exactly "cheap" to go through with this process. I can easily obtain employment when I return to Canada this summer. Would my boyfriend, working under a false SSN, cause the application to be discarded on account of that being an offense? (I read this elsewhere, but would like some other opinions)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shanabanana said:
Thanks everybody for your help so far, I really appreciate it.
There is one more question I have. It obviously isn't exactly "cheap" to go through with this process. I can easily obtain employment when I return to Canada this summer. Would my boyfriend, working under a false SSN, cause the application to be discarded on account of that being an offense? (I read this elsewhere, but would like some other opinions)
This may be of some help to you:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t271466.0.html

It sounds like you have a bit of a `mess' on your hands, so you should probably be prepared for a longer than normal process.