+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring husband while pregnant

hannah8890

Sep 3, 2017
Hi,

I am a canadian citizen and I am planning to sponsor my husband. My due date is in two weeks but I am planning to send our application before that because we are almost done with it and it will be a hassle to do so once the baby arrive.

I do know that my son might be a canadian citizen so I wont have to sponsor him. However, is it possible for me to update my application after submission and mention that we have a child together? are there any additional forms that we might have to fill? aslo do I mention him as a dependent even though he is not born yet?

Thank you

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
How long have you and your husband been married? I ask because if you have been married two years or more, then it will make your application much, much easier. If you have a child together and two years of marriage, you are not obligated to provide any more proofs of your relationship. If this applies to you, it might be worth your while to wait the 2 weeks and then send the application reflecting your child's birth.

hannah8890

Sep 3, 2017
How long have you and your husband been married? I ask because if you have been married two years or more, then it will make your application much, much easier. If you have a child together and two years of marriage, you are not obligated to provide any more proofs of your relationship. If this applies to you, it might be worth your while to wait the 2 weeks and then send the application reflecting your child's birth.
We have been married for more than two years on the legal documents, but we actually started living together 5 months after we got married because I had a job contract in a different country. Ironically, we would be living together for more than two years by the time our child is born. We are just worried that we might be overwhelmed by the stress of having a newborn an delay sending our application.

but now that you mentioned it, maybe we will prepare everything so once the child is born we will send it right away.

Thank you