+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring husband in the philippines...

msjenny

Jan 5, 2009
hello to all sponsoring their husbands in the philippines. i really want to know about the processing time in philippines when you are sponsoring your husband. how many months usually finalize their application before they receive the medical kit. he send his application last week of sept. 2008. and we received a AOR confirming that his application is in process. and it says that they started processing his application last nov. 25, 2008 after that noticed from manila embassy we haven't heard anything from them, and we still waiting for the next step. can anyone share their timeline? hope you will share your waiting time to me. thank you

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008
I am sponsoring my wife in Cebu. According to the CIC website, they are currently processing files out of Manila for outland applications in 4-6 months.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hI

msjenny said:
hello to all sponsoring their husbands in the philippines. i really want to know about the processing time in philippines when you are sponsoring your husband. how many months usually finalize their application before they receive the medical kit. he send his application last week of sept. 2008. and we received a AOR confirming that his application is in process. and it says that they started processing his application last nov. 25, 2008 after that noticed from manila embassy we haven't heard anything from them, and we still waiting for the next step. can anyone share their timeline? hope you will share your waiting time to me. thank you
"when all else fails, read the instructions"

Your spouse should have had the medical before you submitted the application and sponsorship to Mississauga. S/he doesn't need a medical kit, he goes to the DMP and has his medical, and the DMP will send the results to Manila Medical Services. If you had submitted a complete application, the processing time is 4-6 months at Manila. Check Trackitt http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/

PMM

PMM

msjenny

Jan 5, 2009
PMM said:
hI

msjenny said:
"when all else fails, read the instructions"

Your spouse should have had the medical before you submitted the application and sponsorship to Mississauga. S/he doesn't need a medical kit, he goes to the DMP and has his medical, and the DMP will send the results to Manila Medical Services. If you had submitted a complete application, the processing time is 4-6 months at Manila. Check Trackitt http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/
[tr][td]
PMM

PMM

hi thank you for your advise. actually i'm still curious. because i think it depends your status here in canada. some of my friends told me that when they sponsoring their spouse the application kit from manila include the medical kit too. but in my case when he received the application there's no medical kit include in the application. so in able to know what's happening i faxed the manila embassy to ask why they didn't attach any medical form in the application. they responds that in able to give him a medical kit they need to check his information background. i hope you can give me more advise. thank you.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
We have same problem. Until now, I'm waiting for the approval of my visa. I already sent all the documents asked sometime March 2009. AOR was January 2009

edwin1266

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
davao city
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 19, 2010
LANDED..........
dec 23, 2010
My wife s a caregiver in canada and she landed last march '08 and got PR and approved first stage.
IN what Category did she applied for sponsoring a spouse? are we belong
to "FAMILY CLASS" ? that the time line was ( 80% has a result ) in 8mos,
base on the time table shown in Manila ,Philippines?

coz i submitted all the requiremnts last sept 08 to the CIC Manila, until now im still waiting for the result, hope there s nothing problems with the documents i sent to them,.

somebdy help me 'bout this,,,
thanks

msjenny

Jan 5, 2009
edwin1266 said:
My wife s a caregiver in canada and she landed last march '08 and got PR and approved first stage.
IN what Category did she applied for sponsoring a spouse? are we belong
to "FAMILY CLASS" ? that the time line was ( 80% has a result ) in 8mos,
base on the time table shown in Manila ,Philippines?

coz i submitted all the requiremnts last sept 08 to the CIC Manila, until now im still waiting for the result, hope there s nothing problems with the documents i sent to them,.

somebdy help me 'bout this,,,
thanks

thank you. we are almost the same situation. did you received any AOR confirming that your application is in process. it's been 8 months now we haven't received any medical kit. just keep us posted. god bless you
they said that is 15 months processing and we still have 6 months to go.

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008
I have 3 primary complaints launched through, and supported by, my Member of Parliament to the Minister of Immigration, Jason Kenney.

I am in the process of drafting a letter for media publication that outlines and exposes these inefficiencies that affect our lives so deeply and negatively. I am certain that one man cannot have much impact on this issue but I am also certain of something else: if no one talks, nothing happens.

In many cases, we are waiting far longer than we should and the average processing time of 6 months is unreasonable in my view. New Delhi processes applications twice as fast with a much higher volume of applications. A high volume of cases is no excuse for such unnecessary delays and files being left in “queue” for months and months is not acceptable and it’s inconsistent with the goal of re-uniting families in a timely and compassionate fashion.

If you agree the complaints below are legitimate and reasonable to expect of the embassy in Manila, please forward this information to your Member of Parliament and ask that they be forwarded to Minister Kenney. Nothing changes until Canadians speak up. We have every right to complain (and so we should) if we believe the process is flawed in a way that negatively impacts honest, hardworking and tax-paying Canadians simply because they married abroad. If the following changes are made to the process, the average wait time could decrease by as much as a month or even more:

1) Requests for additional documents should be sent by post AND electronically by email to avoid delays of up to a month or more for applicants receiving letters by post. This is a completely unnecessary delay and runs contrary to the stated objectives of these offices.

2) Requests for additional documents should be consolidated into one request, whenever that is reasonable to expect, instead of sending requests that are followed by further requests shortly (a week in some cases) thereafter. An officer reviewing a file should be able to determine most, if not all, additional documents required and should request them of the applicant(s) all at once by post letter AND electronically by email.

3) If updates were added to e-CAS indicating the current status of the file, there would be less Case Specific Enquiries generated and fewer applicants would contact their Member of Parliament to initiate enquiries. Brief updates could be added to e-CAS by the officer reviewing the file that indicate what is currently taking place on the file, i.e., document verifications, background checks, etc.

All Canadians impacted by these inefficiencies should speak up by forwarding this to your MP and asking that it be forward to Minister Kenney. Philippinos make up some of the most family-oriented, peaceful and loving immigrants we have in Canada. There is no reason for these delays and inefficiencies. Please join me in speaking up and generating awareness in order to improve the process for those who come after us.

God Bless Canada and the very best to those of us affected so harshly by this unnecessarily slow process.