+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORING HUSBAND IN PHILIPPINES (LOTS OF QUESTIONS!)

arnah

Aug 19, 2009
First of all,

i submitted my petition to sponsor my spouse last June 8, 2009
And they started processing the application on July 8, 2009.
They returned My application with a letter on July 8, 2009 and i mailed it back right away with a Dr's note about my carriage. (yeah, were having a baby.) And they received the application that I resubmitted on July 20, 2009.

Then a "Decision Made" was announced in CIC making me eligible to sponsor my husband.

Then my husband received a letter from Canadian Embassy in the Philippines asking him his passport and our Authorized Marriage Certificate last July 31, 2009 (Friday) and he mailed it back immediately that afternooon but visa office in Philippines closes early so we assume they'd receive it on Tuesday Aug. 4, 2009(Since it was holiday last Aug 3 in Canada so it applies the same in Canadian Embassy).

Its been almost 1 month and two weeks now since they asked for my husband's passport.
We believe that my husband passed all necessary requirements like medical, police clearances, etc.

Now here are my questions:

1. How long does it take to process my husband PR Visa?

2. Given it has been approved or anything, what would be the update that we can see in CIC? Is it "Decision made" "In Process" or other?

3. Do they deliver the visa (My husband lives within the city)?
If they do deliver: Who delivers the visa? LBC? DHL? UPS? ordinary mail? What time usually and/or until what time? What day? On weekends?
if they do not: What will be the mode of communication? Will my husband receive a letter to get it to Canadian Embassy here in Philippines?

4. What are the other things that me and my husband should take note of?

5. Or if there are still no updates, can my husband go to canadian embassy and have someone to talk to directly to ask about his case? (because last year, they would allow anybody to go in the canadian embassy and they can ask directly when can they receive their visas but now i guess, they wont allow anybody.)

and lastly,

6. Do they take considerations to someone like me who is nearing my due date for our baby? And especially now, i need my husband by my side.. =(

Please help us on this.
thanks in advance!

mrsmyle

Apr 1, 2009
Manila processing time is between 4-8 months
2. Given it has been approved or anything, what would be the update that we can see in CIC? Is it "Decision made" or other?
I won't expect any more updates in the CIC website until they make their decision on your husband's application
If they do deliver: Who delivers the visa? What time usually and/or until what time? What day? On weekends?
if they do not: What will be the mode of communication? Will my husband receive a letter to get it to Canadian Embassy here in Philippines?
They will have the password delivered, courier collect. No definite time and date, so someone should be ready to accept and pay for the package any day
No, at this point, your husband just has to wait for the embassy to contact him
5. Or if there are still no updates, can my husband go to canadian embassy and he have someone to talk to directly to ask about his case? (because last year, they would allow anybody to go in the canadian embassy and they can ask directly when can they receive their visas. and i guessed it already changed now.)
He can go there, but I am not sure of their current procedure. I would suggest to wait at least 6 months (counting from when he received the passport request letter from Manila) before following up.

and lastly,

6. Do they take consideration to someone like me is nearing my due date for our my baby? And especially now, i need my husband by my side.. =(

arnah

Aug 19, 2009
mrsmyle said:
Manila processing time is between 4-8 months
2. Given it has been approved or anything, what would be the update that we can see in CIC? Is it "Decision made" or other?
I won't expect any more updates in the CIC website until they make their decision on your husband's application
If they do deliver: Who delivers the visa? What time usually and/or until what time? What day? On weekends?
They will have the password delivered, courier collect. No definite time and date, so someone should be ready to accept and pay for the package any day
No, at this point, your husband just has to wait for the embassy to contact him
5. Or if there are still no updates, can my husband go to canadian embassy and he have someone to talk to directly to ask about his case? (because last year, they would allow anybody to go in the canadian embassy and they can ask directly when can they receive their visas. and i guessed it already changed now.)
He can go there, but I am not sure of their current procedure. I would suggest to wait at least 6 months (counting from when he received the passport request letter from Manila) before following up.

and lastly,

6. Do they take consideration to someone like me is nearing my due date for our my baby? And especially now, i need my husband by my side.. =(

question#2 > i mean, lets assume my husband's application been approved, what would be the update that we an see in cic? there's "in process", "Decision made", will they put something different this time?

question#6 >Do they take consideration to someone like me is nearing my due date for our my baby? -no idea?

thanks again and God bless you!

mrsmyle

Apr 1, 2009
Hi,
Well, in theory they should update the website to "Decision Made" for your husband's PR application. I know they keep this up to date for the sponsorship part, but not sure about the PR part. My wif'es application has been in process for 3 months and counting... and still waiting.

As for your pregnancy, I am not sure if they would take any special consideration for that - I hope they do.

Good luck in your husband's application and your baby!

arnah

Aug 19, 2009
mrsmyle said:
Hi,
Well, in theory they should update the website to "Decision Made" for your husband's PR application. I know they keep this up to date for the sponsorship part, but not sure about the PR part. My wif'es application has been in process for 3 months and counting... and still waiting.

As for your pregnancy, I am not sure if they would take any special consideration for that - I hope they do.

Good luck in your husband's application and your baby!
okay. thank you so much and God bless!

Any other opinion or have you been through this? please let me know some updates...

Thanks in advance and God bless!