+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring for outland family members if the sponsorer is residing in Quebec

veeramtl

May 13, 2018
Hi,

I immigrated to CANADA through Federal Express Entry program. Post my port of entry in Toronto, I decided to move to Montreal-Quebec (which should be fine). I am working in Montreal now and I want to sponsor my family. In the application imm008enu_2d.pdf, the Question No 5 asks if the principal applicant (sponsor's spouse) intends to live in any province. Since the the person who is sponsoring is living in Quebec, can the principal applicant (sponsor's wife) mention that s/he intends to live in any other province other than Quebec? If not, should s/he has to apply for CSQ before submitting the application?

Appreciate your quick response
Regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I immigrated to CANADA through Federal Express Entry program. Post my port of entry in Toronto, I decided to move to Montreal-Quebec (which should be fine). I am working in Montreal now and I want to sponsor my family. In the application imm008enu_2d.pdf, the Question No 5 asks if the principal applicant (sponsor's spouse) intends to live in any province. Since the the person who is sponsoring is living in Quebec, can the principal applicant (sponsor's wife) mention that s/he intends to live in any other province other than Quebec? If not, should s/he has to apply for CSQ before submitting the application?

Appreciate your quick response
Regards
Hi

The CSQ is applied for AFTER submitting the PR app. IRCC will send you a request letter.

veeramtl

May 13, 2018
Hi

The CSQ is applied for AFTER submitting the PR app. IRCC will send you a request letter.

Thanks for your quick response. My question is that the application imm008enu_2d.pdf demands you to apply for CSQ first. i.e., if I (principal applicant) show an intent to reside in Quebec, the application enables two more fields to enter the CSQ number (if already obtained) or the CSQ application number. Since, I am still in the process of applying, it is pre-requisite to get CSQ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your quick response. My question is that the application imm008enu_2d.pdf demands you to apply for CSQ first. i.e., if I (principal applicant) show an intent to reside in Quebec, the application enables two more fields to enter the CSQ number (if already obtained) or the CSQ application number. Since, I am still in the process of applying, it is pre-requisite to get CSQ?
You can't apply for the CSQ ahead of time. You need the request letter from IRCC.