+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring dependent child

Jul 7, 2008
Hi, I'm landed immigrant. I planning to sponsor my dependent child ( 3 months old ) from out canada . I have read the document check list . The required Applicatios and documents in this case are:

1- Application to sponsor and Undertaking ( IMM 1344 A )
2- Application for Permenant Residenece ( IMM 0008 Generic )
3- the document check list ( IMM 5476)
4- Proof of Medical Exam.
5- Birth certificate
6- Copy of PR Card ( Sponsor )

what is about the other applications such as ( IMM 13344B, 5481 and IMM 5482) , pls anyone has the same situation can give advice for any other unmentioned above documents in this case , Also, what is about the required fees.

Thanks for your help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You want to sponsor from outside Canada? As a PR you need to be in Canada to sponsor. If you are from a country where you normally need a visit visa, you need to apply for TRP for the baby if you want the baby to travel with you.

Jul 7, 2008
Thanks Leon,

Now I'm in Libya , to sponsor my child I should be in Canada as you mentiond. but what is TRP

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Temporary resident permit, normally issued to people who are inadmissible to Canada. You should ask the embassy what you have to apply for to take your baby to Canada so you can do your sponsorship. Some people on here had tried to get a temporary resident visa, same as a visitor visa but were denied because the baby was planning to stay permanently. They ended up splitting up, the dad going to Canada to sponsor the baby, the mom staying with the baby. Other people were told that they could apply for temporary resident permit if they wanted to take their baby to Canada to do the sponsorship. Ask your embassy what they want you to do.