+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring dependent child (under 19) - about RPRF (also sending Medical proof)

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
Dear all,

1) I have received AOR for my child (4 months) from CIC office New Delhi (India), and there is a mention about paying RPRF.
In my understanding dependent children are exempt from paying RPRF, I just wanted to confirm if this is correct? Why I am asking this is because he is the principal applicant (and the only applicant!) hence wanted to make sure this.

2) I had not submitted upfront medical for my son when I sent application (because of some reason which had discussed in my other thread). When I got my sponsorship approval letter they also requested to complete his medical and sent the proof directly to the CIC office New Delhi.

This is what is mentioned:

"your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter."

It was eMedical. Now I am not sure if I should mail the original(hardcopy) eMedical completion letter received from panel physician or I only need to send the soft copy. As per the approval letter, when I checked the contact details of New Delhi office there is only an email address and application specific online enquiry submission form details. No physical address. As of now I have sent the eMedical scan copy through "application specific online enquiry form". Please let me know if anyone of you have similar experience or what you think about this.

Tried to reach CIC call center couple of times but not getting connected to the agent due to high volume of call!

Thanks in advance

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......