+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Dependent Child ONLY

psingh

Jul 9, 2007
Hi

Myself and my wife got our PR in 2007 and moved to canada premanently in Jan 2009 . We had a baby in 2008 in US who was not listed in our PR application as dependent. Now my daughter is also with us in Canada without a visa being a US citizen. Now I want to file for her PR too to make things easier for us but not able to figure out the exact forms for it. We are in Surrey, BC. and I am working on a permanent job in a bank .

I checked canada immigration website but they have forms for family class within canada but there is no specific form to just sponsor the kids. The IMM 1344A form has spouse column and under that there is dependent children plus it needs the sponsored applicants signs which is not possible in my case. But my wife already has PR so only my kid needs it. It will be great if you can provide me the exact forms to be filled for this.

Plus do I need to get the medical done for my daughter and collect the completed form IMM1017SCLE from the doctor or will it be sent by the doctor himself.

For the application fee I know there is $75 for sponsorship and $150 for child but do I need to give the $475 for principle application too as myself or my wife are not getting ourself sponsored.

Please guide me on this I will really appreciate that.

Thanks

Singh

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
This application package is for Canadian citizens and permanent residents who wish to sponsor:

* a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner; or
* dependent children

The application will be processed for your child, a US citizen, through Buffalo. There is no inland application for a dependent child, unless they're accompanying a spousal applicant. I'm not entirely sure, but I think your child will be the principle applicant ($475) . . . someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I think the $150 accompanying dependent fee would be only if, for example, your wife was the principle applicant and the child an accompanying dependent.

Yes, she will need to undergo a medical exam, you will take the Appendix C form from the Region Specific forms to the DMP when she goes for the exam. Make sure the DMP knows that the application will not be processed within Canada, so he should give you a copy of the correct form to submit with the application as proof that the exam was done. The DMP will send the results to the Regional Medical Centre in Ottawa himself, and Buffalo will request them from the RMC when they're ready to review them.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Dear Mr P Singh,

I hope by now your child must have immigrated to Canada. I have a similar situation with the difference that my child is born in India. My wife and I have PR status. I am already going through the documents of dependent child under age of 22 immigration under family class. Could you share with me your experience of processing your child application under family class immigration?

I am more interested in the forms that you had filled and skipped as part of sponsor and sponsored steps of your child's immigration.

Here is my understanding about the documents -

Sponsor -
Sponsorship Application - it would be filled by me. My wife is not undersigning the application.
Sponsorship Evaluation - in case I had migrated under Federal Class Skilled Worker with my wife as dependent, what would be my obligation count in this form
Sponsorship Agreement - not required to be filled
Sponsorship Questionnaire - not required to be filled
Statuary Declaration - not required to be filled
Medical Condition - not required to be filled

Sponsored -
Application form - to be filled by me.
Background check form - not required to be filled.
Additional Family Information - not required to be filled.

If there are forms from above list which needs to be filled and requires signature of dependent child who is primary applicant, then how did you handle the situation.

Please advise.

Thanks!

SRanjan

Oct 27, 2010
LONDON
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
ACCOUNTING
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2007
Doc's Request.
APR 2007
Nomination.....
APR 2007
AOR Received.
JULY 2009 & OCTOBER 2009
IELTS Request
JULY 2009
Med's Request
SEPTEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
NOVEMBER 2010
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
JAN 2011
VISA ISSUED...
MAR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011
Hi Friends,

I am new to the forum. I have applied for my Daughter's {Minor}the sponsor. The application details are as follows:

Application Received : September 29. 2014
Sponsorship Approved: November 22, 2014
Status- "In Process" : February 18, 2015

Just want to know, is the processing period as mentioned in the cic.gc.ca is for every application or it can change as per the situation. As my daughter is minor, I don't think there will be any police verification for her.

Just a bit curious to know about it as we are already in Canada.

Thanks
Ranjan

RajaRaja

May 7, 2015
Hi S Rajan,

I am facing the same situation i.e. need to sponsor my 2 daughters both less than 2.5 years old lining in India.

I & my wife both have PR status but we are out side Canada(in India) for 2.5 years since we became PR. Now I am planning to go back to Canada and file sponsorship for both kids. Can I file sponsorship on first day of landing. and do I need to collect documents such as Tax returns for previous 2 or 3 years (which I have not filed yet.)

how long will it take for my kids & wife to reunite with me. My wife is not coming to Canada now as my younger daughter is just 3 months old right now.

Or can I take my complete family on Visitor visa for daughter right now and apply for Sponsorship while my daughter as in Canda with me.

please advice.