+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring Aussie husband and baby

starfire2003

Feb 18, 2013
Hi,
My husband of 7.5yrs, baby and I are living in Australia and we want to move to Canada this year with me sponsoring them. I am Canadian by birth. I have a few questions and would be very greatful if someone can answer them for me. :)

Can they enter Canada with me on a one way ticket before PR is granted? We really can't buy a round trip 'just in case'. If so, how long can he stay in Canada without any visa?
Is there a visa he needs to apply for to work before PR granted? He probably won't have a job yet.
Do I have to sponsor our baby separately or is she included with husband? That really didn't seem clear to me when looking at the application.

As we have been married for 7.5yrs, we don't have a lot of 'proof' (some but not as much as we had 7yrs ago) from before getting married. Is this going to be a problem?
We may not have an apt or jobs when we arrive. We will either stay with family or in a holiday apt and look for a permanent rental and jobs then. Is this going to be a problem?

Thank you so much to whoever replies!!!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being you are a Canadian citizen you can file your sponsorship application from Australia. You should also submit a statement of undertaking along with the application about your intention to live in Canada with family, once the PR application is approved. As you are not moving to Canada immediately, better to apply early as possible.

Your unemployment will not be a problem for sponsorship because it is for your spouse and dependent child.

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Hi Starfire,

There is an Australian/NZ thread on here with many senior applicants that have already submitted an outland application. These folks could guide you in the right direction with timelines and documentation. Look at about page 4 of this forum and you will find it there. Good luck!