+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a foreign caregiver from Thailand

alex_alex

Jul 20, 2011
Hello,

Our family recently said good-bye to our Fillipina nanny of 2+ years, so we are currently looking for a replacement.

I have been corresponding with a candidate who seems to fit the requirement based in Thailand. She's worked in the US as an au pair prior and now looking to return to the west, this time Canada. My question is ... realistically speaking - how long would the process take if we were to sponsor her under the foreign caregivers program? She seems to believe from her experience it is a 3 -4 month transaction which would be reasonable for us given her qualifications. However, if in reality it's more like a 12 - 24month process than we won't be able to wait and will have to find someone who is already local.

Tks in advance for any assistance.

Alex_Alex.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
alex_alex said:
Hello,

Our family recently said good-bye to our Fillipina nanny of 2+ years, so we are currently looking for a replacement.

I have been corresponding with a candidate who seems to fit the requirement based in Thailand. She's worked in the US as an au pair prior and now looking to return to the west, this time Canada. My question is ... realistically speaking - how long would the process take if we were to sponsor her under the foreign caregivers program? She seems to believe from her experience it is a 3 -4 month transaction which would be reasonable for us given her qualifications. However, if in reality it's more like a 12 - 24month process than we won't be able to wait and will have to find someone who is already local.

Alex_Alex.
alex_alex said:
Hello,

Alex_Alex.
Hi there! I was in Thailand before and the process took 4-5months give and take including medical examination. Check the website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp#asia

Hope that helps!

unique-mom

Feb 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Alex,

I can help you regarding the process. I have sent you a PM, please read it.

Thanks,

zwitlj

Oct 17, 2012
Hi,

I'm a filipina and currently working in Thailand as a teacher for almost 6 years and I'm planning to apply in Canada as a caregiver but my problem is where to apply.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks.

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
alex_alex said:
Hello,

Alex_Alex.
4-5 months normal processing under live in caregiver program, but it will take long if the embassy asked for supporting documents, like what I'd experience here in Norway, wherein I submitted my application in London. :)