+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsored Visa - Outland Route Questions

Jim1980

Oct 16, 2012
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with a few questions.
I'm a UK citizen with a canadian fiancee, we have been living as a couple in the UK for over 2 years now and so I believe meet all the requirements. We have applied for my PR via the common-law sponsor route from the UK so we sent our forms off to Mississauga for the sponser to be evaluated and then, all being well, they will forward my PR forms onto the London office.
My first question is will we get any confirmation from the Mississauga office that the forms have been recieved and are being processed? The forms arrived at the office on the 01/10/12 (I checked this with the courier) but we havent heard anything since and when I try and use the online checker it doesn't recognise either of us. Will I get any confirmation inside the 69 days proccessing time? Is it 69 days to complete the process or just get to the front of the que to be checked? If so how long will it take to process?
My second question is concerned with the Open Work Visa's. Would I be eligible for any kind of work permit once my sponser has be cleared? The sooner I can get a work permit the sooner we can move and start our new life so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jim.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Jim1980 said:
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with a few questions.
I'm a UK citizen with a canadian fiancee, we have been living as a couple in the UK for over 2 years now and so I believe meet all the requirements. We have applied for my PR via the common-law sponsor route from the UK so we sent our forms off to Mississauga for the sponser to be evaluated and then, all being well, they will forward my PR forms onto the London office.
My first question is will we get any confirmation from the Mississauga office that the forms have been recieved and are being processed? The forms arrived at the office on the 01/10/12 (I checked this with the courier) but we havent heard anything since and when I try and use the online checker it doesn't recognise either of us. Will I get any confirmation inside the 69 days proccessing time? Is it 69 days to complete the process or just get to the front of the que to be checked? If so how long will it take to process?
My second question is concerned with the Open Work Visa's. Would I be eligible for any kind of work permit once my sponser has be cleared? The sooner I can get a work permit the sooner we can move and start our new life so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jim.
Hey and welcome to the forum,

Not very likely you will get any confirmation that your application has been received. In general the whole process is devoid of any updates, information or general help, the whole process is almost entirely a waiting game. When you get sponsorship approval, which could be anything up to 69 days as stated on CIC website, then you can login to ECAS and see how your file is doing (although dont expect much with ECAS it is generally unreliable and not very accurate). Once London receives your file after the 69 days or sooner, then the processing time states 8 months, although most people are generally processed somewhere between 75-130 days if your application is complete and is relatively straight forward.

As for the work permit question, the sponsorship approval won't make you eligible directly for any work-permit. You can apply separately for a work permit or try for a LMO so that you can start work sooner if granted. Otherwise until you are accepted as the PA then it really is a game of waiting.

Good luck :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jim1980 said:
No - unfortunately you are not eligible for an OWP. If you want to work before PR is granted, you will need to find an employer who is willing to offer you a job. That employer will then have to obtain an approved Labour Market Opinion. Once this is done, you will qualify to apply for a closed work permit (work permit tied to that specific employer).

Hope this helps.