Apr 19, 2013
Vientiane, Laos
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am currently in the process of helping my wife fill out the Sponsored Spouse questionnaire and questions numbers 24-30 (Maintaining Contact) are very strange in our case. We are married and living together since Sept 2001, but the questions imply separations and queries into financial assistance. Even dates of cohabitation...well, every day since Sept 2001.

Could I have advice on how to approach these questions..I certainly don't want to have forms returned.

Thank you in advance,

John

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
johnfortin said:
Hello,

I am currently in the process of helping my wife fill out the Sponsored Spouse questionnaire and questions numbers 24-30 (Maintaining Contact) are very strange in our case. We are married and living together since Sept 2001, but the questions imply separations and queries into financial assistance. Even dates of cohabitation...well, every day since Sept 2001.

Could I have advice on how to approach these questions..I certainly don't want to have forms returned.

Thank you in advance,

John
Just state you have been living together over 10 years, and that should be sufficient. Obviously you communicate in person everyday so have no need to include phone logs, emails, chats etc.

For dates of cohabitation you could just put a single entry of Sept 2001 to present.

For a marriage of over 10 years, yours should be a very simple straightforward application that will be easy to approve!

hope54321

Apr 20, 2013
Rob_TO said:
Just state you have been living together over 10 years, and that should be sufficient. Obviously you communicate in person everyday so have no need to include phone logs, emails, chats etc.

For dates of cohabitation you could just put a single entry of Sept 2001 to present.

For a marriage of over 10 years, yours should be a very simple straightforward application that will be easy to approve!
Very well said!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Answers on our app

Question 24: "No. She lives with me"

Question 25: "No. I live with her"

Question 26a: "We live together. When she is upstairs, she throws paper airplanes downstairs to me with notes in them."

johnfortin

Apr 19, 2013
Vientiane, Laos
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks folks...even the humour! I may add a note on extra paper as a supporting document..

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
Answers on our app

Question 24: "No. She lives with me"

Question 25: "No. I live with her"

Question 26a: "We live together. When she is upstairs, she throws paper airplanes downstairs to me with notes in them."
This is exactly what we wrote on our application - I think the exact phrase was "N/A - my sponsor and I live together."

(I think they need to include it for cases where the couple is NOT living together... and for those who are, they'll just get some variation of the above. :))

Naboo325

Apr 22, 2013
I know this may seem odd and perhaps I am missing something. How have you been living together for 10 years and are now applying for PR? What has been her status for all those years?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
He never said they were already in Canada, so I'm guessing they've been living together outside of Canada but now want to move.

johnfortin

Apr 19, 2013
Vientiane, Laos
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is correct..I was teaching overseas for ten years and my wife accompanied me as a Thai citizen. I Australia, she was a permanent resident, but it has since expired since she had been away for more than five years.