+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor

Aleena$209

Aug 25, 2019
Hello readers,

this is a very important question and i appreciate every single reply!!

I want to be sponsor my husband . But I am on welfare. If I turn off welfare several days before submitting the paper, will there be any problem?
Pls help me.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, there will be an issue. You don't qualify if you have very recently been on welfare. You need to get off welfare, wait a month or two, and then apply.

In addition, you will need to remain off welfare for the entire period that the application is being processed (1 year).

Aleena$209

Aug 25, 2019
Yes, there will be an issue. You don't qualify if you have very recently been on welfare. You need to get off welfare, wait a month or two, and then apply.

In addition, you will need to remain off welfare for the entire period that the application is being processed (1 year).
Bt they said I need to send all marriage documents ASAP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also mention that in top of getting off welfare for a few months getting a job and remaining employed is another thing that would be helpful. If you go off welfare right before your application there isn’t a lot of reassurance that you are determined to not return to welfare if your spouse gets PR. If you have been on welfare for a long period of time versus a few months it is important to show that you are making a permanent change in your life.

Aleena$209

Aug 25, 2019
I don’t sponsor him right now.i send them all documents only.they add on as a family member.i will sponsor him later.now they want documents asap.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I don’t sponsor him right now.i send them all documents only.they add on as a family member.i will sponsor him later.now they want documents asap.
I'm afraid I can't understand what you're asking. Who are "they"? What does "add on as a family member"? If you aren't sponsoring, what documents are you talking about?

Aleena$209

Aug 25, 2019
I'm newly married. That's what immigration said.i need to send a marriage certificate & imm0008 & pay.thats it.

i hope you understand what i mean

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm newly married. That's what immigration said.i need to send a marriage certificate & imm0008 & pay.thats it.

i hope you understand what i mean
No one can understand, as you are only providing bits and pieces of information. Why is immigration requesting your marriage certificate? Do you have an app in process? What kind of app?