+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor with criminal record

redwine

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi.My husband (sponsor) was approved to sponsor last Aug.2011.CIC sent the docs here in Manila Sept. 2011.They asked for my passport,divorce cert.of my sponsor, AOM, APPENDIX A and all were sent to them.After then we heard nothing from them and they never asked anything until this week (9 months) I received a letter asking for RCMP CLEARANCE FOR THE SPONSOR.My husband has a criminal record they had a fight last 2006 with his ex-gf then.They were bf/gf for 1 1/2 years .He had to go for 6 months probation.Now will this affect my application here?I wonder why they have to request this clearance knowing the fact that my husband was approved already?Maybe they need an updated one?Will I'll be disapproved? I have a clean records here in the Philippinees....We're so worried about this.We want to live as husband and wife normally.We are on our best when we are together.We are expecting this visa very soon.It's been 9months already since Manila got all the docs.This waiting game is so painful for both of us.Our future together depends on this.We have lots of plans and didn't realize it yet.I miss him so much....PLEASE GUYS HELP....:(:(:( I need something to hold on to.

R

refugee709

it's very important for Canada ( no criminal records ) I wish you
good luck

redwine

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
refugee709 said:
it's very important for Canada ( no criminal records ) I wish you
good luck
Thank you refugee! Just wondering if they will change their decision since my sponsor was approved already last aug. 2011....for sure they checked it coz they asked for a court order before the decision..and he is approved to sponsor me..Now that the records are transferred in Manila, they ask me for the sponsor's RCMP clearance...Now will this affect my application here?He has no more records aside from that 2006 and currently doing good......Im just too worried...I have a clean records as a sponsored one..No problem with my NBI records.I am the applicant.

Tinamakar

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi.My husband (sponsor) was approved to sponsor last Aug.2011.CIC sent the docs here in Manila Sept. 2011.They asked for my passport,divorce cert.of my sponsor, AOM, APPENDIX A and all were sent to them.After then we heard nothing from them and they never asked anything until this week (9 months) I received a letter asking for RCMP CLEARANCE FOR THE SPONSOR.My husband has a criminal record they had a fight last 2006 with his ex-gf then.They were bf/gf for 1 1/2 years .He had to go for 6 months probation.Now will this affect my application here?I wonder why they have to request this clearance knowing the fact that my husband was approved already?Maybe they need an updated one?Will I'll be disapproved? I have a clean records here in the Philippinees....We're so worried about this.We want to live as husband and wife normally.We are on our best when we are together.We are expecting this visa very soon.It's been 9months already since Manila got all the docs.This waiting game is so painful for both of us.Our future together depends on this.We have lots of plans and didn't realize it yet.I miss him so much....PLEASE GUYS HELP....:(:(:( I need something to hold on to.
Hey have u received an update on ur application???