+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor wife after receiving my PR

rick anne

Mar 7, 2014
kumar26 said:
Since u r legally married U can apply for a "open Work Permit" OR "Visitor" visa for ur wife on the basis of ur current work permit. This way she can come to Canada ASAP. At the same time you should also inform CIC that you are married now and CIC will send u details of how to add ur spouse to ur PR file.

I am in the same state as you are. I applied for CEC PR in May 2013, got medical request in Jan 2014. I did my medical in mid FEB 2014. I got married in March 2014. Immediately after the marriage I applied for my Wife's OWP on the basis of my current work permit from India. She got the OWP approved in 33 days from India. Simultaneously I have also sent all the requested docs to CIC for adding her in my CEC file. Still waiting for next response form CIC.

I would suggest u should apply for OWP for ur wife from India as Visitor visa has lottt of rejection. This way she can come over and stay with u and ur PR will also be under processing.
hi, what are the chances of getting an open work permit for my would-be wife? She's currently in college now, will finish next June.

If not sponsoring PR, is there any other way for me (as a PR holder) to bring her here very quickly? Dependent visa? (if such a thing exists),

Visitor visa does not seem to be a choice, as I read many negative review about it,

Many thanks in advance,

Rick

rick anne

Mar 7, 2014
kumar26 said:
Since u r legally married U can apply for a "open Work Permit" OR "Visitor" visa for ur wife on the basis of ur current work permit. This way she can come to Canada ASAP. At the same time you should also inform CIC that you are married now and CIC will send u details of how to add ur spouse to ur PR file.

I am in the same state as you are. I applied for CEC PR in May 2013, got medical request in Jan 2014. I did my medical in mid FEB 2014. I got married in March 2014. Immediately after the marriage I applied for my Wife's OWP on the basis of my current work permit from India. She got the OWP approved in 33 days from India. Simultaneously I have also sent all the requested docs to CIC for adding her in my CEC file. Still waiting for next response form CIC.

I would suggest u should apply for OWP for ur wife from India as Visitor visa has lottt of rejection. This way she can come over and stay with u and ur PR will also be under processing.
hi, what are the chances of getting an open work permit for my would-be wife? She's currently in college now, will finish next June.

If not sponsoring PR, is there any other way for me (as a PR holder) to bring her here very quickly? Dependent visa? (if such a thing exists),

Visitor visa does not seem to be a choice, as I read many negative review about it,

Many thanks in advance,
Rick

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
1. IF you become a PR before ur marriage date then the ONLY way to bring ur wife is to sponsor her (FAMILY CLASS), which will take at least 1 year (best case scenario).

2. If u get lucky and u get ur medicals very close to ur marriage date, then I would suggest follow my path. I got my medical 35 days before my marriage. I intentionally delayed it and did my medicals after a month I got the email from CIC. By the time my medical results reached CIC I was already married, so I could safely inform CIC about change in my status and add my wife to my application.

Adding my wife to my application delayed my application for 1.5 months. In my opinion this would be safest approach. Try your best that ur application is not finalized before ur marriage date. Be ready that ur application will be delayed by max of 2 months. But if all ur docs are proper then it will approved for sure and this way u can bring ur wife quickly. And while all this PR processing is going on, u can apply for her visitor or OWP on the basis of ur current Work permit.

3. Since ur wife is still studying I am not sure whether she will get OWP ... Is this Graduation Or PG study ? If it is PG, then u can show her Graduation certificates in the OWP application. This is something u need to find out. U can even call CIC call centre to confirm.

rick anne said:

Many thanks in advance,
Rick

rick anne

Mar 7, 2014
kumar26 said:

Thank you,
Rick

rick anne

Mar 7, 2014

shardik_18

Oct 19, 2014
Sponsor wife when my file is in process

Please Help Me

Hi All
I got my PNP last year and i have applied for my PR in January and I got married after I have applied for PR. So, I asked CIC and they advised me to send all forms and premedical. I have finished those things in May/June. In september, I got a request for RPRF and I paid that right away. After, 3 weeks i got another email to submit our wedding proof. I have submitted all our proof since 3 weeks. But, I havent heard anything from them.

Can anybody tell me how much time it will take for my and my wife's PR?

Can i apply for my spouse's OWP or visitor visa in meanwhile? So, she can come here to see me.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Re: Sponsor wife when my file is in process

shardik_18 said:
Please Help Me

Hi All
I got my PNP last year and i have applied for my PR in January and I got married after I have applied for PR. So, I asked CIC and they advised me to send all forms and premedical. I have finished those things in May/June. In september, I got a request for RPRF and I paid that right away. After, 3 weeks i got another email to submit our wedding proof. I have submitted all our proof since 3 weeks. But, I havent heard anything from them.

Can anybody tell me how much time it will take for my and my wife's PR?

Can i apply for my spouse's OWP or visitor visa in meanwhile? So, she can come here to see me.
I realize it feels like a long wait to you, but it really has not been a long time for your application yet. You haven't heard anything? Of course you haven't. : ) No one can tell you how long it will take, every application is different.

Your wife's eligibility for an OWP or visitor's visa depends entirely on your status. If you have a valid work permit and skilled employment, then, yes, she can apply for either one.

For future reference, you should start a new thread, rather than dredging up an old one ...

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
shardik_18 said:
Thanks.. You mean to say if i apply for OWP, it is not gonna affect my PR file.. RIght?
Hi

It could possibly affect your PR.

CIC could ask the question that you knew you were to be married and applied for PR regardless. It is always cleaner to delay your PR until you were married then submit.

In some instances people have applied for PR as a single person so they get their application accepted and the AOR. They then get married (already knowing they were going to) and then attempt to add the wife after or obtain permits.

CIC will be the judge of how the OWP impacts your PR.

Thx

A

shardik_18

Oct 19, 2014
I am confused here.
So, shoul i wait for mine and my wifes PR

or

I can apply for her work permit so she can come here and join me..

And is there any way that by we can know the status of our file

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dr_Midnite said:
It could possibly affect your PR.

CIC could ask the question that you knew you were to be married and applied for PR regardless. It is always cleaner to delay your PR until you were married then submit.
This is not true at all. CIC doesn't care if a person applies as single, then marries and adds their spouse. And applying for an OWP in this situation will have ZERO effect on the PR app.

shardik_18 said:
I am confused here.
So, shoul i wait for mine and my wifes PR

or

I can apply for her work permit so she can come here and join me..

And is there any way that by we can know the status of our file
You can apply for a work permit for her; however, given that you guys have a PR app processing, she will need to show very strong ties to her home country for it to be approved. It won't have any effect on the PR app, even if it's refused.

You can check the application status on ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp,

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
This is not true at all. CIC doesn't care if a person applies as single, then marries and adds their spouse. And applying for an OWP in this situation will have ZERO effect on the PR app.

You can apply for a work permit for her; however, given that you guys have a PR app processing, she will need to show very strong ties to her home country for it to be approved. It won't have any effect on the PR app, even if it's refused.

You can check the application status on ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp,
Hi

By effect I mean delay the PR application. As you are adding people this slows your application. If you know you are gombe married it makes more sense to delay and apply cleanly.

Thx

A

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dr_Midnite said:
By effect I mean delay the PR application. As you are adding people this slows your application. If you know you are gombe married it makes more sense to delay and apply cleanly.
Your statement that the OWP app would affect the PR app was incorrect. They are entirely separate.

Adding a spouse can delay an app, depending on how far along the processing is, but has no negative effect, which is what your statement implied.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Your statement that the OWP app would affect the PR app was incorrect. They are entirely separate.

Adding a spouse can delay an app, depending on how far along the processing is, but has no negative effect, which is what your statement implied.
Ok, let's agree to disagree on this one.