+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor welfare

Olam.ja

Aug 24, 2019
Syria
Hi
I want to ask if my wife in Canada live on welfare for 2 years (Québec) ,And now she want to be my sponsor me for come to Canada ...
My question here is :
- Should she stop geting welfare and pay back the previous withdrawals for 2 years OR she should just stop take money the welfare ?

Reactions: Jamal.malah

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Danik
About the job is there any period of time before to be a sponsor ?
It's recommended that she be off welfare for 2-3 months before she submits the application to sponsor you.

Reactions: Olam.ja

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How did your wife get PR? Was she a refugee? Did you meet and get married in Syria?

How much time have you spent in person with your wife? Did you have a traditional ceremony? Was her family and your family in attendence?

Reactions: Olam.ja

Olam.ja

Aug 24, 2019
Syria
How did your wife get PR? Was she a refugee? Did you meet and get married in Syria?

How much time have you spent in person with your wife? Did you have a traditional ceremony? Was her family and your family in attendence?
-Get PR through her Father and get her Canadian citizenship 9 years ago ...
-And no it was Express entry i think through her Father
-Yes we got married in Syria and the big family part ( ceremony ) was in Morocco between her family and friends
But there is something I want to know that after she stop the welfare and gt a job how many months she need to work before she apply the sponsor application ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
-Get PR through her Father and get her Canadian citizenship 9 years ago ...
-And no it was Express entry i think through her Father
-Yes we got married in Syria and the big family part ( ceremony ) was in Morocco between her family and friends
But there is something I want to know that after she stop the welfare and gt a job how many months she need to work before she apply the sponsor application ?
There is no set time. Include a STRONG financial plan. Having been on welfare recently before applying, she needs to be able to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without returning to welfare.

Has she been properly declaring your income in her welfare claim?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No specific time but for 3+ months working full-time would be the minimum abd remaining employed at least until you are in Canada if not longer. As someone has mentionned she needed to inform the welfare office that she is married after getting married. Has she wver worked before? If she hasn't there will be concern that she will stop working as soon as she gets sponsorship.