+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor studying in quebec but we don't want to live there

Jul 26, 2016
Hi everyone, me and my wife were going to apply this August for her to sponsor me as a pr. And we thought it would be okay to submit the plan which is...

She is studying dentistry in montreal but we want to live in new brunswick where her and all her family are from and a job that she already has after uni with her local dental clinic . But...

I just read in detail the application to sponsor agreement and there's a specific question on asking where will she live from the day I become a permanent resident but she still has 2 and a half years left to study but we thought she studies in montreal and lives in new brunswick.

I was going to live with her parents and try and get a job and house etc for once she is finished.

Any advice or help or anything would be amazing as I have medical this Thursday and don't want to pay if it is to early and the application won't work

Thankyou very much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Because she currently resides in Quebec and is not leaving anytime soon, you will be required to go through the CSQ process if she sponsors you.

Also, depending on how long you have been married, you may have conditional PR, which requires that you live with your spouse for 2 years after becoming a PR.