+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor spouse without the PR card

LastMoment

Jan 24, 2018
Dear respected Members of the Forum

I entered Canada with a PRTD after a few years of absence, once I arrived I applied for a PR card ( because I didn't stay long enough to receive one in the first time )

In the CIC website, they mention that the processing time for a PR card is approx. 4 months (I still can meet the residency obligations and PRTD was delivered to me based on an evaluation of my status )

NOW I need to sponsor my spouse and my child. Do I have to wait until I receive the PR card?
Isn't the COPR enough to prove my status as a PR?

In the IMM5533 ""Status in Canada ""
Please check the box which describes your status in Canada and provide the relevant documentation:
I am a Permanent Resident of Canada:
Submit a photocopy of your Permanent Resident Card (both sides).
Note:
If your card is expired, you can submit a copy of your expired card."

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear respected Members of the Forum

I entered Canada with a PRTD after a few years of absence, once I arrived I applied for a PR card ( because I didn't stay long enough to receive one in the first time )

In the CIC website, they mention that the processing time for a PR card is approx. 4 months (I still can meet the residency obligations and PRTD was delivered to me based on an evaluation of my status )

NOW I need to sponsor my spouse and my child. Do I have to wait until I receive the PR card?
Isn't the COPR enough to prove my status as a PR?

In the IMM5533 ""Status in Canada ""
Please check the box which describes your status in Canada and provide the relevant documentation:
I am a Permanent Resident of Canada:
Submit a photocopy of your Permanent Resident Card (both sides).
Note:
If your card is expired, you can submit a copy of your expired card."
Include a letter of explanation stating that you never received an initial PR card and are now waiting to receive one.