+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor spouse time line

sofiaosornio

Feb 14, 2018
Hi, my husband and I sent our application to sponsor me in December 2017. They received it on the 8th of January 2018. My questions are
1 What happens next? (steps)
2 When will they contact us?
3 What will they tell us whe they contact us?
4 How will they contact us?
I have read many posts but I cannot find a timeline or an explanation of the process, I would appreciate a brief explanation of what happens after sendind the sponsorship application.
Thank you!

sofiaosornio

Feb 14, 2018

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thank you!
I just read the guide.
Do you know how long it takes them to contact me? I know they already received the application. I'm just wondering how long it will take them to contact me to inform us if we're approved.

AOR, the acknowledgement of receipt, is the first stage of approval around 8 weeks as long as the application is complete, otherwise they'll mail it back. From there, you will be sent requests for medical, background, etc., online through your account which they will provide linking details for when you get your AOR.

Reactions: sofiaosornio

sofiaosornio

Feb 14, 2018
AOR, the acknowledgement of receipt, is the first stage of approval around 8 weeks as long as the application is complete, otherwise they'll mail it back. From there, you will be sent requests for medical, background, etc., online through your account which they will provide linking details for when you get your AOR.
Thank you very much!