+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Spouse Situation

Daniac93

Jun 17, 2019
Hello, I have been in a relationship for 7 years and I was not living with my partner in a common law relationship and we were were not married either so no they were not declared when I applied for my PR in 2016.

I arrived as a PR in March 2019 and we plan to get married this October 2019, I recently got a job but I still reside with my aunt who sponsored me.

Should I face any problems with our application or any advice? Things I'm thinking.

-I don't have much savings (the sponsor) but my wife does and I am working now, is this enough?

-Also I know people claim that it may seem weird to be in a relationship so long and not live together but we are a young couple and really have no proof of ever living together all home addresses on all IDs etc are separate. Would we face any problems in this regard with the whole mis declare situation I'm reading about.

Would really appreciate some advice thanks!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I have been in a relationship for 7 years and I was not living with my partner in a common law relationship and we were were not married either so no they were not declared when I applied for my PR in 2016.

I arrived as a PR in March 2019 and we plan to get married this October 2019, I recently got a job but I still reside with my aunt who sponsored me.

Should I face any problems with our application or any advice? Things I'm thinking.

-I don't have much savings (the sponsor) but my wife does and I am working now, is this enough?

-Also I know people claim that it may seem weird to be in a relationship so long and not live together but we are a young couple and really have no proof of ever living together all home addresses on all IDs etc are separate. Would we face any problems in this regard with the whole mis declare situation I'm reading about.

Would really appreciate some advice thanks!!
You just have to prove that you are married and that you were in a genuine relationship for all that time. Chat logs, pictures, etc. You have to show that you can support your wife without government support so I would focus on accumulating some savings until you apply for sponsorship.

Daniac93

Jun 17, 2019
You just have to prove that you are married and that you were in a genuine relationship for all that time. Chat logs, pictures, etc. You have to show that you can support your wife without government support so I would focus on accumulating some savings until you apply for sponsorship.
I appreciate your feedback, how much savings would you say is sufficient enough?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I appreciate your feedback, how much savings would you say is sufficient enough?
There is no set amount, as it can vary wildly depending on personal life circumstances. The amount needed to support yourselves in downtown Toronto is far different than what is needed to support yourselves in a small BC town. Living with family, having no kids etc. all changes how much is needed.

You need to be able to show that in your personal circumstances, you can support yourselves without welfare.