+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Spouse from Quebec vs Ontario or BC

Francisco000

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Hi guys,

I want to sponsor my wife for permanent residence in Canada. I am PR (with application for Citizenship in progress) working in Quebec right now. I was told for a friend that sponsorship times are longer if I am residing in Quebec compared to Ontario or BC. Do you know guys if this is truth? how long can be the average time in each of these Provinces? is it easier in ON or BC? How long I have to live in a Province to be considered resident of that Province to sponsor my wife?

Thanks for your help on this!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

I want to sponsor my wife for permanent residence in Canada. I am PR (with application for Citizenship in progress) working in Quebec right now. I was told for a friend that sponsorship times are longer if I am residing in Quebec compared to Ontario or BC. Do you know guys if this is truth? how long can be the average time in each of these Provinces? is it easier in ON or BC? How long I have to live in a Province to be considered resident of that Province to sponsor my wife?

Thanks for your help on this!
Not true. Quebec has the extra step of applying for a CSQ but that application generally happens early to mid-process and doesn't delay the overall PR app.

bij4

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Not true. Quebec has the extra step of applying for a CSQ but that application generally happens early to mid-process and doesn't delay the overall PR app.

Hi,
If they sent me the letter to apply for CSQ, does that mean they stop working on my application until they get the confirmation for the CSQ?
And is there a deadline to apply for the CSQ?
Thanks,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
If they sent me the letter to apply for CSQ, does that mean they stop working on my application until they get the confirmation for the CSQ?
And is there a deadline to apply for the CSQ?
Thanks,
No.

Yes.