+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor renewing Canadian passport after sending the Application

Aconfusedgirl

Mar 1, 2018
Hello,

My Canadian passport will be expiring in March 2019 and I am planning to travel to India in Nov 2018 which is why I need to renew my passport as it will be less than 6 months till the expiry date.
My question is, do I need to inform IRCC about my passport renewal as I have sent the spouse sponsorship application in May 2018 with my current passport info? I was planning on changing my last name to my husband's in the new passport but realized that it might create more complications (changing all the current documents to my new name + informing IRCC) so I decided not to at the moment. Everything will be staying the same so do I need to inform IRCC about my renewed passport and my travel plans to India?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hello,

My Canadian passport will be expiring in March 2019 and I am planning to travel to India in Nov 2018 which is why I need to renew my passport as it will be less than 6 months till the expiry date.
My question is, do I need to inform IRCC about my passport renewal as I have sent the spouse sponsorship application in May 2018 with my current passport info? I was planning on changing my last name to my husband's in the new passport but realized that it might create more complications (changing all the current documents to my new name + informing IRCC) so I decided not to at the moment. Everything will be staying the same so do I need to inform IRCC about my renewed passport and my travel plans to India?
Hi

Passport is just a proof of citizenship. You status is not changing that's why you are not required to update IRCC about new passport. Same applies to your travel plan to India not needed to inform IRCC.

Good Luck

Aconfusedgirl

Mar 1, 2018
Hi

Passport is just a proof of citizenship. You status is not changing that's why you are not required to update IRCC about new passport. Same applies to your travel plan to India not needed to inform IRCC.

Good Luck
Thank you for the quick reply. Really appreciate it!