+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Quebec (wife) - Inland

Miminame

Jun 22, 2022
Good morning everyone,

So I have a few questions but here is my process so far :

-Applied on the Permanent resident portal: 30/12/2022
-Temporary application number letter: 12/01/2023
-Medical Examination letter: 19/01/2023 (Submitted and received the tests 26th)
-CSQ letter: 02/02/2023
-CSQ received: 15/02/2023
-Letter saying they are processing my application: 22/02/2023

Since then I have not gotten any updates, and I am not really worried since I know it can take some time. However, I see on these posts that everyone has access to the CGkey and they see updates on their application, but I don't. We submitted everything on this new portal, there is an option that says 'action: view' but we can't click on it... Did we do anything wrong?

Extra info: I am here with a postgraduate work permit since I studied here and my husband is Canadian.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good morning everyone,

Since then I have not gotten any updates, and I am not really worried since I know it can take some time. However, I see on these posts that everyone has access to the CGkey and they see updates on their application, but I don't. We submitted everything on this new portal, there is an option that says 'action: view' but we can't click on it... Did we do anything wrong?

Extra info: I am here with a postgraduate work permit since I studied here and my husband is Canadian.
Background checks can take many months to process and is the longest part of the process. The goal is to process 80% of applicants within a year so you are within normal processing times

Zuzu1983

Mar 23, 2023
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12-03-2023
AOR Received.
01-04-2023
Med's Request
06-04-2023
Med's Done....
10-04-2023
Good morning everyone,

The submission portal is not the same thing as GCkey. First you need to open or create a GCkey account, then to link the application to the GCkey account. For us, my wife had her GCkey account from her student visas, so we linked the application there. We had to do a couple of trial/error to get it to link, as they give you a few different fields to try to match the right files, but I was able to find some pointers in these forums and it worked for us, and we see the updates there now!

I'm also from Québec, and we sent in the CSQ application April 4th. Haven't heard anything back yet. Did you get your response by mail or by email? And did they acknowledge receiving the documents in any way?

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
I am in the same situation. my CSQ was issued on April 4, 2023. still waiting for the update. In the tracking account, it says that the “Eligibility status has been updated to Completed”, have no idea how long it will take before DM.

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
My CSQ was received in the mail back at the start of January, but since then it has been complete silence. My background check has been marked as complete on the tracker since December, but eligibility has not started. Really strange.

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
My CSQ was received in the mail back at the start of January, but since then it has been complete silence. My background check has been marked as complete on the tracker since December, but eligibility has not started. Really strange.
My "Eligibility status has been updated to Completed", Only the background check does not start, how long your background check takes?

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
My "Eligibility status has been updated to Completed", Only the background check does not start, how long your background check takes?
My background was completed back in December, which is around a month after submission. Eligibility is the one taking its time for me, curiously.

Do you know your VO?

Miminame

Jun 22, 2022
Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply, super busy with work !!!!

So I managed to link my account and finally have the updates.

-As for the CSQ I never really got an answer by e-mail, I only received the letter like 2 weeks after I submitted my documents, and inside of the letter it had the CSQ. (I did not get an email or anything saying that they received my documents...)

-As for the updates, I see that my eligibility had been completed a while ago and it's only been the background check that I'm waiting for.... I really hope we will get an answer soon, but online we can see that the processing time takes 14 months.... T-T

The submission portal is not the same thing as GCkey. First you need to open or create a GCkey account, then to link the application to the GCkey account. For us, my wife had her GCkey account from her student visas, so we linked the application there. We had to do a couple of trial/error to get it to link, as they give you a few different fields to try to match the right files, but I was able to find some pointers in these forums and it worked for us, and we see the updates there now!

I'm also from Québec, and we sent in the CSQ application April 4th. Haven't heard anything back yet. Did you get your response by mail or by email? And did they acknowledge receiving the documents in any way?

linaqc

Feb 9, 2023
This is a lot like my timeline. I received CSQ in January, my background and eligibility checks say completed on the PR tracker since February and I have not received any updates since...

barcastaff

Feb 14, 2023
This is a lot like my timeline. I received CSQ in January, my background and eligibility checks say completed on the PR tracker since February and I have not received any updates since...
It's really frustrating to see people from other provinces blazing through the process. Everyone who applied from QC that I had talked to both here and on Reddit had their process stuck after CSQ reception. Really don't know what the difference in federal stage is that causes this discrepancy.

Reactions: FatCat111111

FatCat111111

Apr 27, 2023
It's really frustrating to see people from other provinces blazing through the process. Everyone who applied from QC that I had talked to both here and on Reddit had their process stuck after CSQ reception. Really don't know what the difference in federal stage is that causes this discrepancy.
Could you share when did you get your CSQ and what is the status of your application now?

FatCat111111

Apr 27, 2023
Good morning everyone,

Any update?

linaqc

Feb 9, 2023
Agreed. I received my GCSM notes last night and found out that even though I received my CSQ approval in January, IRCC didn't receive it until March... no idea why it took that long

• Wow
Reactions: FatCat111111