+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor parents

goldenwaltz

Jan 10, 2014
I am filling the form IMM 5768E, for Question No.15 - “Provide your employment history for the last three consecutive taxation years preceding your application”, there is a column asking for “Family size”, should I include my mother, or just my own family? For me, my own family size is 3, my husband, my son , and myself. Should I fill in “Family size” in the all 3 years as 3, or include my mother as 4?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You need to include the parents. If it's just your mom (and she is not married/common-law and has no dependents) then your total family size is 4.

RobA.R.

Jan 10, 2014
According to the guide IMM 5772:

How to calculate the family size?

The size of the family determines the amount of income you need to make to sponsor. Use this table below to assist you in calculating the size of your family:
Count:
•yourself,
•your spouse or common-law partner and
•dependent children, if applicable. See the “Definition of dependent child (types A, B and C)”

Note: Children who meet the definition of a dependent child must be included in the calculation, even if you as a sponsor do not have custody nor provide child support.

Count:
•the number of persons you are now sponsoring and
•all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying.

3.Count the number of persons covered by other valid undertakings you have made or co-signed in the past.
4.If you have a co-signer, count all persons covered by still valid undertakings made or co-signed by your co-signer.
5.Calculate the number of persons covered in steps 1 to 4. The total represents the family size
6.Look at the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship in this guide to help you decide if you have the financial ability to meet sponsorship requirements. Note that your calculations will only be an estimate.