+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsor parents to Canada 2019

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I am so glad that we got in last year. I don't think I can type that fast with all the address fields in separate boxes and so many drop-down.
First come first serve is still the better system. The peope who are more prepared and have invested resources will get in over those who are lazy ignorant and stingy.

If it means enough to you to sponsor your parents please put in the effort time and or money.

apatel

Star Member
Nov 2, 2009
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2007
IELTS Request
10/11/2009
Med's Request
06/08/0211
Med's Done....
11/08/2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
21/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/09/2011
LANDED..........
SOON!!!
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know what exact time/minute did,
The interest to sponsor form 2019 is closed.

Just trying to find my spot in the submission queue.

Also does anyone know how did they generated the confirmation numbers??

Please share your thoughts!!!

I checked back in to see if the form was still available at 9:12 AM PST, and the form was already closed.

Thanks and goodluck to everyone.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
First come first serve is still the better system. The peope who are more prepared and have invested resources will get in over those who are lazy ignorant and stingy.

If it means enough to you to sponsor your parents please put in the effort time and or money.
Not saying that the lottery system is better... It was a surprised that we actually got picked on round 2 last year. Cos we lost the hope after not seeing ours in round 1.
In either case, you need to be prepared and know what you need to do to bring parents/grandparents to Canada.
It's more than just the immigration application.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Not saying that the lottery system is better... It was a surprised that we actually got picked on round 2 last year. Cos we lost the hope after not seeing ours in round 1.
In either case, you need to be prepared and know what you need to do to bring parents/grandparents to Canada.
It's more than just the immigration application.
Oh we are prepared. My parents are way more wealthy than I am.

I dont believe in leaving important decisions and plans to a lottery.

Imagine if job applications were a lottery? Promotions? Business decisions?

Seriously? It is demeaning.

Why not have government decide what to spend on on a roll of a dice?

Trans mountain pipeline? Roll a dice.

Come on.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Oh we are prepared. My parents are way more wealthy than I am.

I dont believe in leaving important decisions and plans to a lottery.

Imagine if job applications were a lottery? Promotions? Business decisions?

Seriously? It is demeaning.

Why not have government decide what to spend on on a roll of a dice?

Trans mountain pipeline? Roll a dice.

Come on.
As I stated, I don't like lottery too.
You need to prepare them more than just money. Like integrating them to the community and getting familiar with life in Canada. It's more time and effort than money for some. And money for others.

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Guys, I need help, I was managed to submit the interest to sponsor form for 2019 PGP but I just heard from someone that if I've sponsored wife/ common-law partner then they can't be co-signer for 5 years, now I am confused as I got Express Entry Invitation 2017 March and got pr in May 2017 and I've included my common-law partner(who was already in Canada from 2015 and was on Open work permit after the student visa) and now, I am wondering that is she called sponsored or not ? and Is she eligible to be my co-signer or not?

Please advise.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Guys, I need help, I was managed to submit the interest to sponsor form for 2019 PGP but I just heard from someone that if I've sponsored wife/ common-law partner then they can't be co-signer for 5 years, now I am confused as I got Express Entry Invitation 2017 March and got pr in May 2017 and I've included my common-law partner(who was already in Canada from 2015 and was on Open work permit after the student visa) and now, I am wondering that is she called sponsored or not ? and Is she eligible to be my co-signer or not?

Please advise.
She was NOT sponsored. She was a dependant.

Reactions: colourfulcanada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Please advise.
No you are fine. Someone is getting confused. Think they are referring to the rule that you can't sponsor another spouse for 5 years after PR if you divorce/separate as someone who has been sponsored previously by a spouse.

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting