+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Parents 2019 - missing documents - help

rohitsh9

Nov 15, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm a Canadian citizen and my parents live in India. I would like to apply for their immigration this year. I noticed that 2018 documents checklist shows documents like; 1) photocopy of sponsor's birth certificate 2) photocopy of mom & dad's marriage certificate. I don't have either of these 2 certificates and I don't know how to get them. Or if its even possible to get them? Has anyone sponsored their parents without these documents? Does CIC accept an affidavit or a similar document instead? Is there a way to get these documents from Punjab, India?

Other issue is; my parents are in Canada with me, otherwise I would have asked them to inquire in India about these documents. Considering they're leaving for India in June 2019, and I expect CIC to ask for applications in a months time, I would appreciate any help or recommendations by you experts. Thanks.

salomi24

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys,

I'm a Canadian citizen and my parents live in India. I would like to apply for their immigration this year. I noticed that 2018 documents checklist shows documents like; 1) photocopy of sponsor's birth certificate 2) photocopy of mom & dad's marriage certificate. I don't have either of these 2 certificates and I don't know how to get them. Or if its even possible to get them? Has anyone sponsored their parents without these documents? Does CIC accept an affidavit or a similar document instead? Is there a way to get these documents from Punjab, India?

Other issue is; my parents are in Canada with me, otherwise I would have asked them to inquire in India about these documents. Considering they're leaving for India in June 2019, and I expect CIC to ask for applications in a months time, I would appreciate any help or recommendations by you experts. Thanks.
How did you get the birth and marriage certificate done from India?