+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my spouse to become Permanent Resident(PR) on Canada

canada2210

Aug 22, 2017
I have my permanent residents of Canada. I am getting married in December and I want my wife to come here as soon as possible. So, I asked her to get the Visitor Visa and she just got the visitor visa approved.

I am planning to do as follow:
1. Go to India and get married
2. Come back to Canada
3. Call my wife to Canada on Visitor Visa
4. Apply for inland Permanent Resident of my spouse while she is here on a Visitor Visa
5. I will apply for work-permit along with the PR file
6. She will get work-permit in 4-6 months so that she can stay here till PR file is done
7. Get her PR after 10-12 months of the application

Does this process work? Does anyone feel anything wrong with this process? or is there any other fastest way than this to get her here in Canada? Any help would be appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have my permanent residents of Canada. I am getting married in December and I want my wife to come here as soon as possible. So, I asked her to get the Visitor Visa and she just got the visitor visa approved.

I am planning to do as follow:
1. Go to India and get married
2. Come back to Canada
3. Call my wife to Canada on Visitor Visa
4. Apply for inland Permanent Resident of my spouse while she is here on a Visitor Visa
5. I will apply for work-permit along with the PR file
6. She will get work-permit in 4-6 months so that she can stay here till PR file is done
7. Get her PR after 10-12 months of the application

Does this process work? Does anyone feel anything wrong with this process? or is there any other fastest way than this to get her here in Canada? Any help would be appreciated.
Yes - this process will work if her TRV is approved. There is about a 50/50 chance her TRV will be refused. If that happens, you will have to sponsor her outland while she remains in her home country.

canada2210

Aug 22, 2017
Yes - this process will work if her TRV is approved. There is about a 50/50 chance her TRV will be refused. If that happens, you will have to sponsor her outland while she remains in her home country.

She already got the Visitor Visa approved. If I apply for her work-permit with PR application then before here visitor visa period(6 months) is finished, she will get work permit and thus she does not have to go out of Canada. Right?