+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my children

Shandiz

Mar 11, 2016
Hi All,

We are Canadian PR who work in Australia and planning to get back to Canada permanently. However we have two children who born in Australia and become Australian citizen.As I found in Canada immigration website it takes about 16 month to get PR card for my children through Sponsorship visa. Does anyone know if during this period we can use federal and state benefits for our children such as childcare, health care and etc?

Thank you in advance,
Amir

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
these things start once your children landed as PR in canada .if they landed as visitors you need to take private insurance, by the way you didnt mention which province you are going to land health care may differ

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you still meet the RO, you can return to Canada, either with or without your partner and kids and start sponsorship. If you bring your kids, they will be entering Canada as visitors and may not get health care depending on the province and you may not be eligible for child benefits. TFWs are eligible after they have been in Canada for 18 months but you are a PR so you should be eligible right away. However, your kids aren't so I do not know which rules would apply. You'd basically have to try it and see what happens.

Shandiz

Mar 11, 2016
Thank you guys for your prompt reply.

Do you know by any chance what will happens If I bring my child to Canada and apply for H&C ground visa? , Is this way faster way to get PR or some federal supports?

We are going to move to Ontario and my kids can use visa waiver program and stay for 90 days but I am not sure if they can stay longer than 90 days while their case in process?

Thanks,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shandiz said:
Thank you guys for your prompt reply.

Do you know by any chance what will happens If I bring my child to Canada and apply for H&C ground visa? , Is this way faster way to get PR or some federal supports?

We are going to move to Ontario and my kids can use visa waiver program and stay for 90 days but I am not sure if they can stay longer than 90 days while their case in process?

Thanks,
I don't think you are eligible for a H&C visa for your kids in your case. If your kids were not visa exempt and you were to apply for a visit visa for them and got denied, you could apply for a visa that is called a TRP and is a temporary visa on H&C grounds for people who can't get a regular visit visa. With a TRP, you may have an easier access to health care. However, as far as I know, you can only apply for a TRP when a visit visa is refused. If your kids were to enter Canada on a TRP, you would not be able to sponsor them normally but would have to apply for their PR based on humanitarian grounds which I am told takes a lot longer.

Normally your kids can stay as visitors for 6 months but you can ask for a visitor record as you enter Canada which they can allow them to stay longer. However long you get, if their status is about to expire and they don't have PR yet, you can apply to extend their visitor status which shouldn't be a big deal if you say you are sponsoring them and waiting for PR.