+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor is Employed but Sponsored Spouse is currently unemployed

Kishie

Jun 22, 2012
Dear All,

Thanks to all and the forum team for giving me the opportunity where I can raise my concerns.

I am the sponsor for my husband who stays in India. I am currently working in Canada. We got married last year 2012. I will be applying for the spouse sponsorship shortly. My only concern is that my husband is currently unemployed from past one year and he has lot of gaps in his job (say in his career of 12 years he has changed many employers and works for a very short period of a month or less than that at times). Though he is unemployed, he helps his father in his business (very small local firm).

Question.
1. Will this be an issue for his visa approval
2. Can I write in his application that he was unemployed but helped in his father's business.
3. In his application, can he ONLY show employment where he had worked for more than one year or more. Ignore the employment which was less then 2 months and instead show that he was supporting his father business which he was really doing it. Will this practice be considered as wrong information provided to CIC while applying for his spouse sponsorship.

Suggestions and help from the seniors of this forum would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time for reading my post.

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
Kishie said:
Dear All,

Thanks to all and the forum team for giving me the opportunity where I can raise my concerns.

Question.
1. Will this be an issue for his visa approval
2. Can I write in his application that he was unemployed but helped in his father's business.
3. In his application, can he ONLY show employment where he had worked for more than one year or more. Ignore the employment which was less then 2 months and instead show that he was supporting his father business which he was really doing it. Will this practice be considered as wrong information provided to CIC while applying for his spouse sponsorship.

Suggestions and help from the seniors of this forum would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time for reading my post.

It does not important/applicable if sponsored spouse is employed or not. Sponsor is more important if she/he having an employment and and can responsible for an undertaking for three years. CIC will see the other incompatibilities like, age, education, cast (specially for Indians) etc. Just fill the true information in Schedule "A"

Wishing you a very good luck.

papirico

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
1. No
2. Yes
3. State the facts, do not misrepresent anything. He could be called for an interview and forget while being interviewed what he has declared or not. From there, the interview can go from bad to worse really fast.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just tell the truth. Immigration will not be worried as long as one of you is working and making enough money to keep you both off welfare.