+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor husband for PR then get pregnant.

DL2017

Dec 26, 2017
Hello, I am a Canadian citizen by birth and want to sponsor my husband to move back to Vancouver, Canada where I was born and raised. He is an American citizen and I am currently living in California so I would be applying from Outland. My question is that we are just about to send in our application but had questions about pregnancy. While I am not pregnant right now and have indicated that in my application, what where to happen if I did fall pregnant while we are waiting for approval? Would I be able to give birth in Canada regardless if his application wasn't approved yet? Should we get pregnant a couple of months before the expected approval date of the PR so that when we land we have 5-6 months of extra time before baby is born?

is this plan a good plan or should we take a different path?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You should familiarize yourself with the rules for BC healthcare. For most provinces, there is a 3 month waiting period when you move back. So if you were to move to BC when you were already pregnant, none of your prenatal care would be covered for 3 months.