+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor got PR as single when living with the applicant- URGENT

Daringwolf

Oct 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

hopw you guys are doing good. My girlfriend (sponsor) got her invitation through express entry on April 2018 and we had started living together starting February 2018. She landed on October 2018. She basically got PR as single. She can still sponsor me right?

we had just started living together and it wasn’t 12 months yet when she got PR. Please advice

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It should be OK. You and your girlfriend didn't become common law spouse until Feb 2019. (after 12 months of living together)
Try to collect proof of your common law relationship starting Feb 2018 (I am sure you have address proof that's different between you two before that).

Reactions: mashulia_26

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

hopw you guys are doing good. My girlfriend (sponsor) got her invitation through express entry on April 2018 and we had started living together starting February 2018. She landed on October 2018. She basically got PR as single. She can still sponsor me right?

we had just started living together and it wasn’t 12 months yet when she got PR. Please advice
She can still sponsor you, but not until you either get married or you can show you lived together for 12 months. (Doesn't sound like you did get to the 12 months but your timeline is not clear.)

Daringwolf

Oct 2, 2019
We do have 12 months proof as of now. I’m just waiting on my Indian PCC to apply. But I was just concerned about her getting her PR as single while living with me even though it was not 12 months yet could cause problems in sponsoring me.

Timeline

Feb 2018 - Started living together but her mailing address was different. We have a lease in both of our names.

April 2018 - She got invitation for PR and she did her Landing process in October 2018.

Jan 2019 I went out of status and applied for restoration which was also rejected in May

Feb 2019 - she changed her address on all the documents and also filed taxes as common law.

October 2020 I applied for my PCC from India. Verification is done today. Just waiting for the PCC to be sent.

So far we have the lease, phone bills showing same address, e-transfer sent from her to me stating 2018, amazon receipts, her car purchase agreement showing our address, both of our drivers license showing same address, her car insurance showing our address, joint account of ours, various mails of both that we have received.

I was just worried if her stating hat she was single when she got her PR even though she was living with me would cause trouble for the sponsorship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We do have 12 months proof as of now. I’m just waiting on my Indian PCC to apply. But I was just concerned about her getting her PR as single while living with me even though it was not 12 months yet could cause problems in sponsoring me.

Timeline

Feb 2018 - Started living together but her mailing address was different. We have a lease in both of our names.

April 2018 - She got invitation for PR and she did her Landing process in October 2018.

Jan 2019 I went out of status and applied for restoration which was also rejected in May

Feb 2019 - she changed her address on all the documents and also filed taxes as common law.

October 2020 I applied for my PCC from India. Verification is done today. Just waiting for the PCC to be sent.

So far we have the lease, phone bills showing same address, e-transfer sent from her to me stating 2018, amazon receipts, her car purchase agreement showing our address, both of our drivers license showing same address, her car insurance showing our address, joint account of ours, various mails of both that we have received.

I was just worried if her stating hat she was single when she got her PR even though she was living with me would cause trouble for the sponsorship.
There's no issue. She was single when she landed and became a PR. She did not meet the common law definition at that time.

Reactions: Daringwolf

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
TIP of the DAY from Phalos Consulting...
Never EVER land as a SINGLE PR then sponsor your spouse outland and say you lived together in home country more than 12 months!
She will GET BANNED 4 LIFE from being sponsored by YOU.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
TIP of the DAY from Phalos Consulting...
Never EVER land as a SINGLE PR then sponsor your spouse outland and say you lived together in home country more than 12 months!
She will GET BANNED 4 LIFE from being sponsored by YOU.
The definitions are all mixed up in your statement. You can't be single, with a spouse, and a common law partner all at once. You are only one of them at a time, and if you don't correctly declare that's on you.