+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor going to PA's country while outland application is ongoing. HELP!

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Hello. I'm a sponsor and a PR in Canada. I am going to my wife's country for 3 months to work remotely while our application is ongoing. Is this not allowed? Will this affect our application negatively?

I am aware of the residency requirement that I must be physically in Canada for 2 years in every 5-year period. I am well within this and only been away for several months in the last 5 years.

M

mikeymyke

That 2 out of 5 years is to maintain your PR, that's a totally separate thing from spouse sponsorship requirements. As a PR, you're required to reside in Canada, only citizens can apply while abroad. 3 months is way too long to be away

Reactions: YVR123

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello. I'm a sponsor and a PR in Canada. I am going to my wife's country for 3 months to work remotely while our application is ongoing. Is this not allowed? Will this affect our application negatively?

I am aware of the residency requirement that I must be physically in Canada for 2 years in every 5-year period. I am well within this and only been away for several months in the last 5 years.
Hi

Not allowed and yes, it could certainly affect your app. You are required to live in Canada throughout the entire sponsorship process. A few short visits of a few weeks are allowed but anything more than that and you risk the app.