10/06/2014
AOR Received.
28/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/09/2013
Passport Req..
25/06/2014
Hello!

I am a Canadian citizen by birth and am sponsoring my Colombian common law. We have lived in Argentina for the past year however, I dont consider myself as exclusively living outside of Canada as i still have bank accounts and ties to back home. I am living here until we can go to Canada together...which leads me to this.....

I am filling out the forms to sponsor and dont know how to answer the following question

4. Do you reside in Canada and no other country?

I had previously said NO to being a Canadian living exclusively outside of Canada in the section above where this was asked because to live exclusively outside means to not have ties to back home. I am on a tourist visa and have been since i arrived a year ago and will be until we can go to Canada together. I dont work here and have nothing in my name other than our rental apartment.

Im just confused and sorry if its a stupid question but I do not live in Canada at the moment but dont consider myself a resident of another country either... what should my answer be?

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
caitij said:
Hello!

I am a Canadian citizen by birth and am sponsoring my Colombian common law. We have lived in Argentina for the past year however, I dont consider myself as exclusively living outside of Canada as i still have bank accounts and ties to back home. I am living here until we can go to Canada together...which leads me to this.....

I am filling out the forms to sponsor and dont know how to answer the following question

4. Do you reside in Canada and no other country?

I had previously said NO to being a Canadian living exclusively outside of Canada in the section above where this was asked because to live exclusively outside means to not have ties to back home. I am on a tourist visa and have been since i arrived a year ago and will be until we can go to Canada together. I dont work here and have nothing in my name other than our rental apartment.

Im just confused and sorry if its a stupid question but I do not live in Canada at the moment but dont consider myself a resident of another country either... what should my answer be?
As long as your name is on the rental agreement in Argentina, I think you qualify as residing outside of Canada. I think it's about where you reside, not about whether you have ties to Canada.

My husband has bank accounts in Canada and has rented storage boxes, but he's been in Romania for almost 2 years, so he said yes to being a Canadian living exclusively outside of Canada.

The ties you have to back home will help you prove you will move back to Canada when your partner gets the visa (it's mandatory to convince the VO about this, for you to be approved as sponsor).