+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor evaluation - question about proof of income. pls help

kaymun

May 26, 2011
Hi, I just arrived in Canada and will apply for spouse sponsorship for my wife within Canada. The checklist asks for proof of income in the form of option C printout, tax return or pay stubs which I don't have because I have never filed taxes here or been employed in Canada. I am currently self employed/business owner back in my home country of Bangladesh and that is how I am supporting myself. Can I submit tax returns and bank statements from back home along with bank statement in Canada as proof of income? If I show a certain amount of bank balance in Canada does that help? Do I need any agency in Canada to verify my income from Bangladesh before submissio? Please help..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, provide a letter with supporting document that explains why you do not have the Option C printout. If the supporting document are not in English, you would be need a translation.

kaymun

May 26, 2011
Thanks Steaky. Do you know if I need to show a certain amount of cash balance in Canada to qualify as a sponsor?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although there are no specific requirements for spousal sponsorship, you have to provide something to CIC to prove you are financially capable.

kaymun

May 26, 2011
Really appreciate your help Steaky. I had another question. My wife is here in Canada on a student visa. Once she applies for PR as a spouse then is her visa status cancelled? Does she have to apply for a temporary resident permit once she applies for PR? Thanks again.

visionquest

Jul 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2011
Passport Req..
March 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 16, 2012
A related question: if I have been approved as SPONSOR already by CIC-Mississauga without having submitted tax returns -- just an explanation that those returns were not completed yet -- im actually several yrs behind in filing! :eek: ), do you think CIC would hold up my wife's Permanent Resident application?

[I am working on getting the returns done but I'm way behind and doing my best]

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
If you were approved with only the information and documentation you provided, it is unlikely the CIC would require them to evaluate your spouse's PR application. Still, it's a good idea that you get your tax documentation taken care of in order to comply with Canada Revenue.

The documentation/information critical for your spouse's PR approval will be other things, such as proof of relationship to you (marriage/common-law documents, photographs, affidavits from family, etc.), police clearance records, and proof of having cohabited.

visionquest

Jul 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2011
Passport Req..
March 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 16, 2012
Aneyshar said:
If you were approved with only the information and documentation you provided, it is unlikely the CIC would require them to evaluate your spouse's PR application. Still, it's a good idea that you get your tax documentation taken care of in order to comply with Canada Revenue.

The documentation/information critical for your spouse's PR approval will be other things, such as proof of relationship to you (marriage/common-law documents, photographs, affidavits from family, etc.), police clearance records, and proof of having cohabited.
Thanks Aneyshar. I hope you are correct. And yes, I will get cracking on those old tax returns. :)

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
kaymun said:
Hi, I just arrived in Canada and will apply for spouse sponsorship for my wife within Canada. The checklist asks for proof of income in the form of option C printout, tax return or pay stubs which I don't have because I have never filed taxes here or been employed in Canada. I am currently self employed/business owner back in my home country of Bangladesh and that is how I am supporting myself. Can I submit tax returns and bank statements from back home along with bank statement in Canada as proof of income? If I show a certain amount of bank balance in Canada does that help? Do I need any agency in Canada to verify my income from Bangladesh before submissio? Please help..
I am also from Bangladesh. I am in the same situation like you. I want sponsor my husband and son just after arriving canada. I will apply in Singapore as they live in bangladesh. could you please let me know whether you approved for sponsorship or not? I can show money, asset from bangladesh and some deposit in canadian bank. I didnt return tax in canada but did it in bangladesh. Please let me know about your application status.
Amy