+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor dependent parents

ahmdshamz

Mar 20, 2012
Hi,

I am a PR and eligible for citizenship. I have been here for more than a decade, and my siblings also live here. My parent are getting old and we want to bring them here on immigration. Visiting often and visitor or super visa is a hassle.

We have also send their application on yearly draw since 2020. But no luck.

Can anyone please share their successful experience in sponsoring parents?

Thanks,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am a PR and eligible for citizenship. I have been here for more than a decade, and my siblings also live here. My parent are getting old and we want to bring them here on immigration. Visiting often and visitor or super visa is a hassle.

We have also send their application on yearly draw since 2020. But no luck.

Can anyone please share their successful experience in sponsoring parents?

Thanks,
As you know parent sponsorship is not guaranteed. Knowing that parent sponsorship was not guaranteed you must had a plan B when you considered moving to Canada. There is significant demand for parent sponsorship with limited spots as you are aware because Canada has an ageing population and is facing a healthcare crisis without additional seniors. Most countries with public healthcare don’t allow any parent sponsorship. If you only recently qualified for citizenship you must not have spent the last 10 years living in Canada. How long have you been living in Canada and have you met LICO since 2018? Based on previous posts you or a family members may have only receive PR in 2022/23. You have applied for PGP and hopefully your siblings have also applied for PGP if they qualified to apply in 2020 to increase chances of getting selected. Supervisa is an extremely generous way to visit Canada on a longterm basis if they want to spend more time in Canada.

ahmdshamz

Mar 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind feedback.

I spent all the time here in Canada, I was eligible but never applied PR and kept working on LMIA. Never applied LICO either.

Ok. We all will apply PGP to increase our chances. Thank you :)