+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor child

akh8

Mar 21, 2017
Dear all,

My wife and I landed in Canada in March 2018 to activate our PR status (express entry). We spent a week in Toronto then traveled back to the US where we used to work. In December 2018, our son was born in the US (US citizen). We traveled to the UK for work right after that and we have been in the UK since that time (we never went back to Canada after the initial landing in March 2018). Now, we are planning to finally immigrate to Canada in March 2020 (our PR is valid until March 2023).

I would like to ask you about the process to sponsor my child. I would like to note specifically that:
-He is a US citizen, so he will not need a visa to get to Canada as a tourist.
-I may or may not have a job immediately after we travel.

My questions:
1-Can he travel to Canada as a tourist, then I sponsor him when we are in Canada while he is on tourist visa? If not, how should I do?
2-Does it matter to which province we are going to? We are planning on going to Quebec (our original destination in the PR application was Waterloo).
2-Do I need to show any proof of income in my application?

Thank you very much in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear all,

My wife and I landed in Canada in March 2018 to activate our PR status (express entry). We spent a week in Toronto then traveled back to the US where we used to work. In December 2018, our son was born in the US (US citizen). We traveled to the UK for work right after that and we have been in the UK since that time (we never went back to Canada after the initial landing in March 2018). Now, we are planning to finally immigrate to Canada in March 2020 (our PR is valid until March 2023).

I would like to ask you about the process to sponsor my child. I would like to note specifically that:
-He is a US citizen, so he will not need a visa to get to Canada as a tourist.
-I may or may not have a job immediately after we travel.

My questions:
1-Can he travel to Canada as a tourist, then I sponsor him when we are in Canada while he is on tourist visa? If not, how should I do?
2-Does it matter to which province we are going to? We are planning on going to Quebec (our original destination in the PR application was Waterloo).
2-Do I need to show any proof of income in my application?

Thank you very much in advance!
1. Yes - you can certainly do that.
2. The province doesn't matter.
3. No.

headingnorth

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi AKH8,

Just wanted to check if you have been able to succesfully go through the process. I am in a similar situation and trying to get the paperwork done and came across some questions. In the financial evaluation form there is reference for notice of assessment from CRA, did you have to get that ?

Y@$h

Nov 13, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
25-09-2020
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hi AKH8,

Just wanted to check if you have been able to succesfully go through the process. I am in a similar situation and trying to get the paperwork done and came across some questions. In the financial evaluation form there is reference for notice of assessment from CRA, did you have to get that ?
I am also interested in knowing the outcome of this case.