New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Hi,

Me, my wife and my 1st child are all permanent residents of Canada and all of us have completed 2+ years (out of 5 years) residency obligation. My wife is pregnant and she went back to India to stay with her parents where we plan to have our 2nd child born in October.

Could you kindly advise me on the process on how soon I can bring the new born back to Canada on PR or any other option where he/she would be eligible for healthcare as well ?

If I have to sponsor from within Canada, can I start the sponsorship process once the passport of the child is obtained, and leave Canada to stay with my family in India so that all of us can come back together once the application is approved ?

Thanks & Regards.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Me, my wife and my 1st child are all permanent residents of Canada and all of us have completed 2+ years (out of 5 years) residency obligation. My wife is pregnant and she went back to India to stay with her parents where we plan to have our 2nd child born in October.

Could you kindly advise me on the process on how soon I can bring the new born back to Canada on PR or any other option where he/she would be eligible for healthcare as well ?

If I have to sponsor from within Canada, can I start the sponsorship process once the passport of the child is obtained, and leave Canada to stay with my family in India so that all of us can come back together once the application is approved ?

Thanks & Regards.
You can apply to bring the child to Canada as soon as the child has a passport. No - you cannot return and live in India while the application is processed. You must continue living in Canada during application processing (this is a requirement for sponsorship).

The alternative is to apply for a TRV for your child once born so that you can bring your child to Canada as a visitor so that your child can remain in Canada as a visitor while the PR application is processed. Approval rates on TRVs in these situations is around 50/50.

You should assume the child will not be eligible for health care coverage until after he/she becomes a PR.

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
You can apply to bring the child to Canada as soon as the child has a passport. No - you cannot return and live in India while the application is processed. You must continue living in Canada during application processing (this is a requirement for sponsorship).

The alternative is to apply for a TRV for your child once born so that you can bring your child to Canada as a visitor so that your child can remain in Canada as a visitor while the PR application is processed. Approval rates on TRVs in these situations is around 50/50.

You should assume the child will not be eligible for health care coverage until after he/she becomes a PR.
Thank you very much for the detailed response!